Icing on the Cake

>> Monday, January 25, 2010

I will be honest, I liked the end table makeover I posted last week, but I didn't love it. Friday Lindsey sent me a text to let me know that Anthropology was having a 40% off all home good sale. I'll do a full post later on why it is a good idea to become real friends with your local blog friends. So Saturday morning I pleaded with Mr. Sabbe to please give one more try to removing the old, painted hardware...and low and behold... it came off. I immediately walked over to Anthro, which is dangerously located 3 blocks from my house, and bought these...both for $5! Aren't they pretty!? They remind me of big grandma earrings. I love them.

This evening I made these pillows. I have had this fabric since last spring when I was working on a large hotel project with my last firm. It was a sample we ordered for a headboard (i.e. it was free) It looks a little off in these photos, but they really go nicely with the end table.
 Let's play I Spy. Do you notice anything weird about these pillows? Not the stripe, that was purposeful. Look closer, see anything?
And that's it. I think I can confidently say I am finished with our living room (for now). Before and aftter shots later this week. I picked up some other hardware for a dresser in our bedroom. It will soon be making it's blog debut. The dresser is from my nursery when I was a baby, so I am trying to get my mom to send me a before{circa 1981} shot.

FYI: There is a hint of a mustache on the second pillow. I was thinking I would be funny and put mustache appliques on the tops of both pillows, so you could hold them up to your nose and look like you had a 'stache. Then I decided that was a bit too kitschy and aborted the idea. Well I the crushed the velvet texture on the one and did not realize it until I looked at these photos. It makes me laugh. I'm leaving it.


Jessica January 25, 2010 at 11:10 PM  

um, I see a mustache. That's fantastic. I can't tell, is it all over that fabric or is it just one?

Devon January 25, 2010 at 11:16 PM  

Hi, found your blog via Linds. Your picture by the bedside table made me laugh out loud and so I had to subscribe.

Is it bad in blog-world to say that the knobs were entirely necessary? The end table looks great but I think the knobs are what makes it pop/rock/whatever. Great find!

Adventures in Dressmaking January 26, 2010 at 12:22 AM  

I love pretty knobs!! Those are great.

Rebecca January 26, 2010 at 3:54 AM  

Very pretty - you've finished off the drawers perfectly. hehe made me laugh when you said you had to plead with Mr Sabbe.. My husband always has several jobs lined up for him at the weekend too :)

Blueprint Bliss January 26, 2010 at 8:06 AM  

Stephanie- it all looks so great.

paula January 26, 2010 at 8:20 AM  

It looks great! wish I knew about the home sale though.

laurelstreet January 26, 2010 at 8:48 AM  

The new drawer pulls really make it! The whole piece has just a touch of whimsy - I love it!

Deliciously Organized January 26, 2010 at 8:51 AM  

I love the little table even more now!!! When Linds texted me I was at work :( I wanted to go so bad though! Anthro always has amazing deals. I love your pillows too. The fabric is fab. I'm with Jessica, is it a mustache?

Janet January 26, 2010 at 9:55 AM  

I love the color combinations and the pulls really are awesome. They are like furniture jewelry that pulls it all together!

Casey January 26, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

I guess I'm not the only one asking, is it the mustache?

I love the end table! the knobs look perfect

Lauren January 26, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

Only 3 blocks away? Ohhh...that would take some MAJOR self control here! Love the knobs and your cute pillows!

Sally Fienup January 26, 2010 at 12:12 PM  

Yes - the pulls were definitely the finishing touch.

Stephanie January 26, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

Fantastic job! I love the colors you've chosen. I just gave my own end table a make-over using gorgeous knobs from Anthro. Although I did a little mix & match to give it a dose of whimsy.

McCabe January 26, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

ohhh i cant wait to see the finished product of your living room! i just love your style :)

Emily January 26, 2010 at 5:53 PM  

It looks so great and doesn't Anthro have the best knobs? you are so good at projects..I can't get over it!

LindsB January 26, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

Blog friends are the best!!! I'm so glad you took advantage of the sale and Mr Sabbe approved :)

Girls night again soon?

LindsB January 27, 2010 at 8:57 AM  

I see that on the back on one pillow you have a little piece of green at the top...did you run out of the tan color?

Is that the I Spy...do I win the prize???

Susan Bang January 28, 2010 at 6:57 PM  

Love the makeovers!!!!! I'm curious...after you remove the old handles, how do you hide the holes that the old handle leaves? Also, How are those paper birds hung on the wall? I have some paper birds my husband made as a gift when he got deployed to Kuwait last year and I wanted to find a way to turn them into art.

daisymay January 28, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

Love the hardware very cute and a great bargain!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP