Calling All Crafters!: Support Kim's Project

>> Sunday, December 6, 2009

I mentioned last week that my church is getting involved in the idea of Advent Conspiracy. Next week all of the offering collected during the service will be going to three different organizations. One of those organizations is called Kim's Project. Kim's Project is a local Boston non-profit that helps women get out of the prostitution and sex trafficking industry. A representative from the organization came and spoke to us this morning and it really broke my heart to hear the realities these girls live. Many of them are children who have aged out of the foster care system and have no family or friends to help them begin their adult lives, can you imagine?

I have been sewing bags these past couple of weekends to fill requests friends have made. But I was thinking, while I was at it, I could maybe sew one or two more and send them over to Kim's Project for the holidays. What girl doesn't like a new bag?

So I wanted to throw the idea out there: If anyone would like to sew a bag and send it to me I would LOVE to take your bag over to the shelter to show these girls that despite their current situation there are people out there {total strangers} who care about them and would like to brighten their day.

I have looked and there is not a lot of info on Kim's Project on the internet, which I am sure has to do with the nature of their organization. But if you have any specific questions I can email the lady who spoke at my church this morning.

To get you started I have compiled a list of some of the BEST bag tutorials floating around the blogosphere. BIG, HUGE thanks to the bloggers who wrote these, they are great.


Email me at: stephanie.sabbe@gmail.com and I can give you my address. I hope to bring the bags over before the 25th if possible. Thanks in advance for participating!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP