Black and White and Love All Over

>> Thursday, November 19, 2009

You know how you come across images ever so often that are not perfect for everyone...but are perfect for you. That happens to me often because I have no loyalty to one particular design style and when on an image hunt, 9 out of 10 times fall passionately obsessed with something. I came across this kitchen/dining room space the other day and immediately went into that mode.


 I love the juxtaposition of so many different styles. The mid-century chairs + the ornate mirror + the uber modern kitchen cabinetry + the stainless steel appliances + the natural wood table top + the walls that are so dark I would typically hate them...but I don't = design love.
I think I like it the most because it appears to be a super small space and I now live in a super small space, so I am always on the look out for those who make it work. Did you notice the mirrored backsplash on the kitchen run? Clever, clever. At first look I thought it was an opening to another room.

p.s. They don't cook. Want to know how I know? Scroll back up, the only sink is a bar sink.

p.p.s.  I just noticed that this room almost matches my blog header to a T....so random, I just found the image Monday. All it needs is a little touch of animal head:)


Images: Living

10 comments:

Stainless Steel Profiles November 20, 2009 at 7:24 AM  

Hi, I love the decoration and theme.It's truly amazing. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Emily November 20, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

I love this!! Who wouldn't have a functioning kitchen though? Guess they can just order out and eat in the fabulous space!!

I am with you on a style. So hard to pick just one but always have a tendency to go toward something similar in everything I find that I love.

Hope the new job is going well!

Lili November 20, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

Oh I thought it was an opening to another room as well. And a BIG ha ha about the bar sink! Never would have noticed this unless I was there trying to wash the dishes.

Deliciously Organized November 20, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

Do you think there is another sink hiding somewhere? How can you live with just a bar sink? that's impossible!

beautiful home...

last night was fun...but I think tomorrow will be a HIT!

Sara W November 20, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

EEK... I hate it. But that is just my opinion and I am definitely NOT a designer. :) Funny about the sink and the kitchen mirror- didn't notice either one. Mirrors are always great to make a room seem bigger. :)

High-Heeled Foot in the door November 20, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

Ha ha too funny. You are great the colors are right on with your header. Now you just need to photoshop a head into the kitchen!

LindsB November 20, 2009 at 3:19 PM  

This is such a great space, very cool. It looks like its in one of those old factory buildings over in the Leather District- I want to move in :)

Kristin November 21, 2009 at 10:58 PM  

It is incredible what people can do with teeny spaces!

angela hardison November 22, 2009 at 12:58 AM  

Um that kitchen is amazing. I'm the same way -- I love so many different styles.

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for the comment/ compliment on my work! Made me smile.

Haven and Home November 22, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

This room reminds me of you, I love it!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP