The White Mountains of New Hampshire

>> Monday, October 12, 2009

I will start by saying, I do not always get invited on boy trips
{which is fine with me}
But these days Mr. Sabbe's leisure time is very limited. So when his fellow resident friend, Josh, invited him to go hiking in the White Mountains this weekend he said, Sure, as long as it's ok if my wife comes.
Sweet man, how could I say no.

The trail was 9 miles....

I was determined to earn my merit badge.

Our constant cheerleader, who was in awe of every. single. thing he saw, Josh.
If you ever hike the White Mountains, you'll need a Josh.

This one was an Eagle Scout {nerds make #1 husbands}

Just trekking along...

Is that snow?

And snow + ice?

Winter? Antarctica? Where are we?

100% hiking bliss

Mr. Sabbe's hair froze

And Josh's took on a whole new form

1/2 mile back down, it was Fall again.

The boy's hair thawed out and they "blasted" ahead {blasted is a new word I learned, it means going faster than Stephanie's legs were meant to go}

Will I ever do this again? Yes. Maybe not the summit in October, but yes.
Where else will I get stories to tell my future children of how their mother almost died on the top of the White Mountains?

The White Mountain National Forest is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. If you are in the New England area I would definitley make a day trip out of it. Although I might recommend waiting until Spring.


Design Esquire October 12, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

It looks like you had an amazing time - those photos are gorgeous! I'm not ready for snow yet though.

Kristin October 12, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

I bet the fall foliage was beautiful!

LindsB October 12, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

I'm not really the outdoors type...but I used to be. Hiking in the white mountains really is an experience all its own- its is just beautiful there.

PS- I want to bottle your husband and sell him, what a cutie for wanting you to come too :)

Emily October 12, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

Oh man, i LOVE your photos Stephanie! What a fun day you must have had; despite the cold. I also agree that nerds are the best. My fiance LOVES school and I find myself calling him a nerd all the time. Wouldn't give him up for the world though!

Jaime October 12, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

Wow gorgeous shots and good for you for climbing!! I didn't realize it's that cold up there already.

annelise October 12, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

you take great pictures!

Lauren October 13, 2009 at 7:10 AM  

Absolutely beautiful! Looks like so much fun! Love your friends hair! Ha! (It looks like my hubs in the morning!)

Kristin October 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM  

Those pictures are absolutely incredible! I can't wait to be in the mountains for Thanksgiving!

JK,  October 15, 2009 at 7:59 PM  

Great website! I have two comments:
1) Shouldn't it be Dr. Sabbe? He's sort of earned it by now...
2) That hike was the &%$#!
I think I'm still sore.

Anna November 8, 2009 at 5:34 PM  

Fantastic! Love how you managed to experience two seasons in one hike!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP