The White Mountains of New Hampshire

>> Monday, October 12, 2009

I will start by saying, I do not always get invited on boy trips
{which is fine with me}
But these days Mr. Sabbe's leisure time is very limited. So when his fellow resident friend, Josh, invited him to go hiking in the White Mountains this weekend he said, Sure, as long as it's ok if my wife comes.
Sweet man, how could I say no.

The trail was 9 miles....

I was determined to earn my merit badge.

Our constant cheerleader, who was in awe of every. single. thing he saw, Josh.
If you ever hike the White Mountains, you'll need a Josh.

This one was an Eagle Scout {nerds make #1 husbands}


Just trekking along...

Is that snow?

And snow + ice?

Winter? Antarctica? Where are we?

100% hiking bliss

Mr. Sabbe's hair froze

And Josh's took on a whole new form

1/2 mile back down, it was Fall again.

The boy's hair thawed out and they "blasted" ahead {blasted is a new word I learned, it means going faster than Stephanie's legs were meant to go}




Will I ever do this again? Yes. Maybe not the summit in October, but yes.
Where else will I get stories to tell my future children of how their mother almost died on the top of the White Mountains?

The White Mountain National Forest is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. If you are in the New England area I would definitley make a day trip out of it. Although I might recommend waiting until Spring.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP