Uncle Buck

>> Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hello handsome.

I was catching up on some AT reading over the weekend and discovered there are people that were "so over" the deer chic look in 2008! Now I knew there were people who were never into it in the first place, but we've been there and we're over it!? Come on people, slow down. It took me months to find one that I could afford.

And how about that chevron! I decided to go tonal instead of searching the world for the perfect shade of navy blue contact paper, and it worked out better than I could have ever imagined. I love it. It goes on my top 3 list of favorite DIYs.

I've decided to name him Uncle Buck after the 1980's blockbuster and because most of my life I have associated deer heads on walls with my very own uncles.


Laura@JourneyChic October 20, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

Y'know, I dig it. I don't know if I'd put it in my house necessarily, but the chevron stripes are fantastic (love the tone-on-tone) that it makes Uncle Buck look cool and not Sarah Palin-esque. How in the world did you get those stripes on the correct angles?

High-Heeled Foot in the door October 20, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

Oh it looks great! I love it. The chevron stripes look perfect!!! How did you do it? What was the winning techinque? You must share!!

LindsB October 20, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

YES, he is up and he has a name!! I LOVE it, LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! The deer, the chevron- everything here is working to perfection!

Seriously though, I know i just painted my family room blue, but I want to do chevron stripes now- I like it so much better :)

carlee October 20, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

Uncle Buck is looking real good. Wow, you are so talented. How did you do that? How long did it take? I think it looks amazing all together! I can't get enough of the chevron stripes...

upcydown October 20, 2009 at 9:46 PM  

LLLLLOOOOOVE IT! (imagine me singing that in my best opera voice). I'm totally going to steal that chevron wall idea from you.

Blueprint Bliss October 21, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

Love it all. Esp the tone on tone chevon!

Design Esquire October 21, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

LOVE the chevron. I have no idea how you did it, but it looks amazing.

Uncle Buck is one of my favorite movies, so I love the name!

Erin Roberts,  October 21, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

LOVE it!!! I can't wait to see ornaments hanging from it at Christmas.

Jud and Bevin Nave October 21, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

digging the chevron accent wall!!!!!

Honeybee Ministries October 22, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

I love it!!! The tone on tone was a good choice...BOLD graphic + soothing tones makes for a very visually pleasing wall! Nice work Sabbe :)

Peck Avenue October 22, 2009 at 7:23 PM  

LOVE this! The subtle tone on tone is perfect - HOW did you do it? Id love a play by play so I can try it in my new bedroom! Awesome job/blog :)

Lili October 22, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

I really like it! But tell me if I'm going crazy, is Uncle Buck a different color from when you got him in that first picture or is it the light?

Stephanie Sabbe October 23, 2009 at 11:20 AM  

Lili, yes, the man was all brown and real looking. He's white now, less scary (to me)

Haven and Home October 25, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

Wow this is amazing, I am dying for a Chevron wall!

Revival October 27, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

I love all things chevron! great job! please share the DIY steps.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP