Sight Seeing {South End}

>> Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I have a confession.
I'm a bit of a peeping tom.
It began 5 years ago during a stay in Paris. I fell in love with Parisian apartments, from the street level, while walking home one night from a sparkling Eiffel Tower.
I now live in the South End {you can pull your curtains now}
Seriously though, I only check out light fixtures, fireplaces, art, and moldings in upper story buildings, while taking our occasional night stroll . I promise I'm not crouching behind hydrangea bushes.
{now pull your curtains back open}

Lucky for me, this South End couple's apartment was recently featured in Dwell Magazine.
I heart Dwell Magazine. One day Mr. Sabbe and I are going to be in Dwell Magazine.


The ground floor houses office space for the wife's graphic design studio and husband's market research firm.
With a seven year old also sharing the space, the couple prioritized things like indoor air quality, using all low VOC paints, adhesives, and caulks. (that = extra good parenting)
The space was designed by the very talented architects at Stern McCafferty.
I have loved this white marble since the beginning of time. It NEVER goes out of style.

Now, if only every cool apartment it the South End would make an appearance in Dwell Magazine, I could keep my eyes on the street and out of your apartment. More Here
UPDATE: Thinking back on our 04' trip to Europe led me to look through some old photos. I found this video. If you haven't seen the Eiffel Tower sparkle...here you go. This video of our 22 and 23 year old selves, years before we were Mr. and Mrs. Sabbe, makes my heart happy.
video

6 comments:

Emily September 8, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

Such a great find! They have a lovely apartment and I can just picture that in the South End. Such a great area!

I also love to peek to see what I can find, hoping there is some amazing crown molding or something. Because of this, I always keep my blinds shut tight!

Rachel September 9, 2009 at 12:52 AM  

I am normally one for a little bit of color, but this home is perfection!

LindsB September 9, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

I love looking into windows at night too! Totally in an innocent way of course, I love seeing how people on the nice streets in Boston live. Does that make me creepy? I hope not :)

Lauren September 10, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

Paris? Must be soooo lovely!

Whenever I see great homes, I always say that I would love to walk by (exercise walk) and peek into their lit up homes from the sidewalks! :)

If I actually COULD do that, I would probably be many pounds lighter and have so many yummy decor ideas! Ha!

Annelise September 10, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

You are not alone! I've seen some of the most beautiful homes walking through Boston at night. Wait until you do it when it is snowing outside. It feels like a movie-quality moment.

I'm glad you're enjoying the city!

Laura@JourneyChic September 16, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

Hi there! LEB pointed me to your blog and am so glad she did! I lived in the S. End for two years and miss it dearly - although not our tiny and very un-Dwell-worthy apartment on Appleton St. Linds mentioned that you two are putting together a Boston blogger event - count me in!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP