Poster Child

>> Friday, September 11, 2009

I am a child of the 80's. That being said, I obviously have a past with posters of all kinds; New Kids on the Block, Kitten Fallen in Milk Bowl with caption "Bad Hair Day", etc. etc. In my later teen years I swore off posters and declared that there were not cool. As an aspiring Interior Designer, I said I would never hang one in my house ever again.

I lied. Posters are SO cool again.
Have you seen this one? My husband would know this means "very, very much"

And this next one makes me happy for two reasons

1. I associate the phrase "Get Excited" with 1999, my freshman year in college and the year I joined a sorority. If my memory serves me correctly, almost every sorority meeting began with the phrase "Get Excited!"...then fill in the blank. Was that just in Tennessee? Or was that everywhere?

2. I LOVE to make things.

I want this poster.
Wouldn't this be the sweetest gift for a new baby
I love all of the Ork Posters. Such pretty, clean graphics.

And, with my ongoing obsession with Ray and Charles Eames, my nursery will definitely have this one, and hopefully the full sized chair to match.

This is my kind of eye chart.
Uhmm, yes Dr., the lowest chair I can see is the Molded Plywood.
I think it would be fun to hang some cool looking, old "WANTED" posters in a little boy's room.
Note: Gatlinburg reproductions, with you in the pic, do not count as cool looking.
I saw this one on the LEB blog and laughed. It's so true, but so easy to forget.
And the man whose art is probably most often reproduced into posters...


In high school I had a friend who had a theater room. Her dad had framed old movie posters as art. I remember looking at them forever.


Old ads would make interesting poster art.
Wouldn't this one be great for conversation...
....like that ever worked.
This would be cute in a powder room.
Being a native Nashvillian, I have always loved Hatch Show Prints

John Anderson has designed a series called The Spirit of Nashville
I had a corporate client a couple of years ago inform the that they were going to pick their own art work, which always makes me cringe at the possibilities. They ended up with some nice framed posters from John's collection. It made me very, very happy.
We don't quite have the space to have a poster sized anything. It would dominate the whole apartment. So during one of my last trips to Nashville, I picked up a handful of The Spirit of Nashville postcards. I framed them and hung them over our computer area.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP