Good Things Come to Those Who Send Out 36 Resumes

>> Thursday, September 3, 2009

Those 36 resumes actually have not been that fruitful yet, they've only been out on the street a little less than 2 weeks. I have received some really nice emails telling me I would be a great fit if the economy was doing a little better. I appreciate those emails more than those people could ever know.

BUT one of those 36 resumes was to a non-design related job and I got it! I am going to be teaching a class for the Urban Scholars Program in Boston this semester. I am SO pumped. I have always wanted to teach and this can be my little trial run. I am going to be teaching a 12 week class to 7th graders on Architecture and Design. We will go over a little architectural history, venture out on some field trips, I will show them how to sketch and draft, and for their final project I am having them present a design to a "client."

With this + my bakery job + my sewing job + my Etsy store + the new book club, I'm starting to feel like my old self again. If you know me, you know what I mean. The only drawback is that my blog may suffer.

And for those who have asked, my first BCAE sewing class will be 3 Fridays from 5:30-7:30, 12/4-12/18, and the subject will be Sewing for Babies. We will make ruffle and applique onesies, swaddling blankets, bibs, burp cloths, and two types of baby booties. If you are expecting or have any friends expecting you should come! It will be a fun class.


Some of you were interested in making bags. There is another lady teaching a one day workshop, during the same time frame as my class, specifically on How to Make Handbags. You should go! It is supposed to be great. Neither class is up on their site yet. Check back later.

Ok, enough words and no pics. Next post will have some crafts. Promise.

NO WAIT! I thought of one more good news thing. I got a new downstairs neighbor (we share a front door) and she's from North Carolina!!!!!!!!! A southerner!!!!!! Just keeps getting better and better here.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP