Sew Low

>> Tuesday, September 22, 2009

In my never ending search to find a great fabric store in Boston, I headed out to the Sew Low last Friday. It was an interesting experience. If you like garage selling, thrift store shopping, or treasure hunts, you may actually enjoy shopping at this store. I made about 3.5 laps. I had decided prior to my arrival that I was not going to leave empty handed. I found some nice grey wool and brown suedish material on the very bottom of a stack of fabric on the $2.99/yard table. It took some work to dig them out. I think they may have been the first to go on that table in the late 90's.

Somehow I ended up paying $4.99/yard. I pointed to the sign and said "oh, I got that from this table." Response: "It's wool" I wanted to reply that I knew no one had casually laid it on the table because it was under 25 other fabrics, but it was Friday and I was ready to go home.

Photobucket
I could find some use for these

Photobucket
And there were lots and lots of good solids to choose from

Photobucket
In real life I would never buy this fabric (stretchy = waaay to hard to sew for me) but the colors were pretty

Photobucket
I could find a fun craft for this green dot.
Now the lipstick kisses over the city grid...that might be a stretch.

Photobucket
This is also a VERY random fabric, but doesn't it have potential to be the most gorgeous drapes ever! I see pretty pillows too. Someone go buy it! It's in the massive row of fabric to the right when you walk in the store. NOTE: take a big, calming, deep breathe before you walk into the store.

Photobucket
And this was a pretty damask, only $4.99!!

Photobucket
I thought this would be usable in a girl's room. Bedskirt?
Is purple in or out right now? I can never keep up.

Photobucket
And this little corner had some usable goods. I think the most expensive in this grouping may be $6.99/yard.
Photobucket
So, despite the clutter and more clutter....there are some things to find in this store. And the prices are great. Just brace yourself, it's no Purl Soho.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP