Introducing...

>> Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The newest addition to the Sabbe household...
I had central heat and air my entire life until moving to Boston. When calling around to inquire about apartments, we made a lot of people laugh when explaining that this would be one of our requirements.

Please excuse the dirty window. When I asked the building owner to clean them, he told me "they don't do that". Can they say that? I'm on the second floor , he asked me why I couldn't lean my body outside. Seriously?

That is also a sneak preview of our new blackout bedroom curtains (I'm not quite finished). My husband loves me more than ever for making them blackout curtains. To come home after an all night call and have the option to make the bedroom into a cave makes him very happy.

Below is what we picked out today for the living room curtains...we'll see how it turns out.

No bedroom pics today. I lied. I opted for the free day at the MFA instead of cleaning.

7 comments:

Lili August 5, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

I like the colors you guys picked. I am at some what of a loss on window treatments and wall decor. Because of this, none of my rooms are "done". Note to self... Must have more money, and more importantly, more time.

P.S. Julie and Julia comes out Friday! Yay!

Emily August 5, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

Can't wait to see the curtains. You are very talented! So very glad you are enjoying Boston.

LindsB August 5, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

I totally feel you about the AC! Not being able to just push a button on the wall and make it work is very frustrating.

Love the bedroom curtains, what a nice wife you are- very thoughtful. And I cant wait to see how the other curtains come out- I'm loving the colors!

Blueprint Bliss August 6, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

Can't wait to see how the curtains come out.

Such a thoughtful wife with the blackout curtains--- ours aren't lined with blackout- but Michael sure does love pulling the curtains closed when he gets off and sleeps during the day!

Lauren August 6, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

Cute curtains! I cannot wait to see the ones in progress!

LeslieJ August 6, 2009 at 11:20 AM  

I like those curtains around the window unit! did you make those?

Stephanie Sabbe August 6, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

Leslie- I did. I have to add one thing to them and I was going to post about them, but they are made from a shower curtain from Target:)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP