I Survived

>> Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Well, I survived my ten year high school reunion in Nashville this past weekend and am back in Boston for a round of laundry and re-packing. Then we head up to Maine for the rest of the week. It's been soooooo nice forgetting what day it is with Mr. Sabbe. I can't wait until he retires.

So I bring you zero fun craft projects. But in the morning I will clean the thin layer of cat hair that has settled around our aparment while we were away (still no ac), and show you what I've been working on in our bedroom.

My living room still needs alot of help. I was thinking of making some window panels that are somewhat inspired by these dresses. What do you think? I figure if it goes awry, I could cut it up and make myself a cute skirt. I want some bright color, but I cannot commit to a pattern.


And l will conclude this very random post with: I am on page 400 of Breaking Dawn and I just have to say what. the. heck...never saw all this coming. AND I'm so impressed with all of my friends who have already read the books and in no way, shape, or form lead me to be think it was going to get this crazy. What am I going to do when it's over?! Bella, Edward, and Jacob....you have been my first-summer-in-Boston-BFFs. I'm not ready for you to leave me yet.

14 comments:

Rachel August 4, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

I was right where you are now, about 2 weeks ago.. with the end of Twilight that is. So sad, but I still wish for me of their characters!!

Can't believe I just admitted that. Oh well..

Lili August 4, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

Ooooh La La!! I like the dress curtins idea.

So does Mr. Sabbe have vacation or something. We don't know what that means around our house. All we can say is "Working Late" and "Home Call".

Oh and don''t forget to visit my blog for Pick-A-Path the cut off is midnight tonight.

Love ya and have fun in Main!

LindsB August 4, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

Welcome home for 2.2- can I tell you how jealous I am that you are headed up there, ahhh I could totally use a vacation.

Love the inspiration for the curtains, I think they will look great- can we plan a field trip to Zimmans, or Zimmermans, whatever the name of the fabric store is out in the "country"

Last- I am OBSESSED with that book, I mean HELLO I want to BE bella and live with Edward- love him! Oh and I'm taking the day off on November 20th so I can be one of the first to see the movie. Yea...its bad :)

Emily August 4, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

Can't wait to see what you've been working on! Love the dresses and I think they would make lovely curtains.

Also a Twilight (series) addict and swore I would never get into those books. Who couldn't love Edward?

High-Heeled Foot in the door August 4, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

Ah I know breaking dawn had me dying. I didn't want it to end. I need to start re-reading it all over again because I miss Bella and Edward!

MaxxSilly August 5, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

I just finished Breaking Dawn - LOVED IT! My favorite of the series.

I am seriously considering becoming a vegetarian vampire.

Stephanie Sabbe August 5, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

I LOVE that so many people are reading Twilight. It has seriously been my link to making new friends (ages 13-38) all summer long:)

Haven and Home August 5, 2009 at 3:41 PM  

Oh those are a fun inspiration for curtains. I loved that series, I am sad I am finished, although I may go back and read the first. I am going blank, where did you go to school?

Lauren August 5, 2009 at 7:59 PM  

Love, love those dresses, so window panels would look fantastic too!

Blueprint Bliss August 6, 2009 at 8:32 AM  

Vacation already?!

So I was at the beach last week with my friends from growing up and they had ALL read/were reading the Twilight series. I told them that I was not giving in. I don't know why- they don't sound interesting but everyone LOVES them.

I just finished reading Julie & Julia... It had me laughing out loud.

Stephanie Sabbe August 6, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

BROOKE! You WILL cave:) If anything don't do it for your husband. My sweet husband has to hear over, and over, and over "that is so like a werewolf" or "so like a vampire" He's thinking he's married a 13 year old

Design Esquire August 11, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

I just found your blog through Blueprint Bliss and I love it! I'm trying to become more crafty (I just bought a sewing machine), and I love all the ideas on your blog.

Plus, this post really struck a nerve because early this summer I read all the Twilight books in about 2 weeks. I was a crazy woman, and I think my husband thought I had lost my mind, but I just neded to know how it all finished!

Monica Bratton,  August 14, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

First, I LOVE your bedroom curtains! We actually have that shower curtain from Target.

Second, I am so with you on the Twilight saga!! I read all four books when I was on vacation with my family in June and I am seriously obsessed. Rob makes so much fun of me.

I miss you guys and hope yall are loving Boston as much as we love Chicago!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP