Today is a Sad Day!

>> Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I woke up this morning very excited.

I was ready to tackle this.

I had this and this.

And this...ready to go.

And then I read this.

I, along with 9 other Downline Students, have been preparing to take a mission trip to Honduras for the past couple of months. I was so excited. I have never been on a mission trip. I was going to teach a class, to a group of women, based on Dr. Robert Coleman's Master Plan of Evangelism. It would have been my first time to teach the Word of God in a classroom type setting.

I was very excited. I was flying out in the morning.
Then I woke up, and the airport is closed.

Please pray for the people of Honduras. Some were traveling very long distances to attend this conference. They were taking time off of their jobs, finding care for their children...all to come and learn more about discipleship.

Do you believe in spiritual warfare? I do.

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world against the spiritual realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." Ephesians 6:10-13

9 comments:

Haven and Home July 7, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

Oh I am sad to hear that. Will you still get to go? Or is it closed CLOSED? Remember that God always has a plan even if we can't see it. I will be praying for this situation and the people of Honduras.

Stephanie Sabbe July 7, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

They leader had canceled the trip for now. Thanks for the prayers:)

LindsB July 7, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope things improve down there over the next few weeks/days/months and that your cancelled trip will reschedule, dont they know you are needed down there?!? :) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Sarah :) July 7, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

I'm so sorry Steph. I know how disappointed you must feel. Hold on to the truth - Romans 8:28.

Blueprint Bliss July 7, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

Stephanie- I hate to hear this. I definitely believe in spiritual warfare... I will be praying for this situation. xx- Brooke

Sara W July 8, 2009 at 10:53 AM  

oh my goodness. spiritual warfare absolutely exists. God is in control so don't fret. i know you are very disappointed, but there is a reason for this. i'm so sorry.

Kelly July 8, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

I am so sorry! Our church was supposed to send 45 people on a mission trip there last Friday, and they had to cancel, too:( We are praying...

Lili July 8, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

Sorry I'm a little late on this one. I know how disapointed you are. Rest assured knowing that God is in control of all things. Thinking of you and saying prayers for all involved.

Jennifer Anderson July 12, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

Stephanie - I am so sad about your trip!! I had no idea it got canceled! Honduras could definitely use some prayer right now.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP