Random Things I Would Like to Chat About

>> Thursday, December 18, 2008

I have many different topics I would like to post and in lieu of saving them to post one by one (as I've noted is the blogger way of doing things) I want to post them all together. This is how my brain works. I am like spaghetti!

First thing of importance on my mind is my project I've been posting here and there over the past few months. It's almost done! I'm very excited and I like the way it turned out very much. I think it's like a big cup of coffee. You take a sip....then you say ahhhh.....so warm. This will be the new SunTrust Memphis Headquarters office.

















From there my mind wanders over to the Old Testament (told you...I'm so spaghetti it's not even funny). As you may have noticed, I have not been posting fun books that I've read for a couple of months now. I miss my fun books, but I've put them aside because I'm currently going through a program called Downline and one of my goals of being in Downline is for me to read the entire Bible. Bah, I know...we've all tried, but who has actually finished?To date I've read Genesis-1 Samuel and I'm going to tell you...Leviticus was a struggle! But the fact that they teach us what we're reading before we read it, plus this handy dandy Zondervan Handbook to the Bible that I found over at Burkes... and low and behold...I love to Old Testament. I never thought I would say that out loud...but I do. Read it, it's good stuff. And if you have questions, ask me...it's also part of my duties of the program. Other good bible helper books I've read recently are 30 Days to Understanding the Bible (read this before you start Genesis) and The Master Plan of Evangelism.



Next up...we have this super sweet gift a rep gave me yesterday. I've mentioned before that reps give us stuff (reason #81 to be a commercial interior designer) So I get this little gift on my desk and I open it and I tear up. It's a hand painted ornament from the Mustard Seed, which after I googled I found was a center where mentally challenged adults are taught to express themselves creatively through the arts. Then they sell their crafts to help raise money for the program. I mean, I could cry again just thinking that something so wonderful exists out there. Their motto is "...if you have faith even as small as a grain of mustard see, you can say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move and nothing will be impossible to you" Matthew 17:20...ok, tearing up again...must move on.

To wrap it up I would like to give a shout out to Lotus Blossom Designs. I ordered some special, custom gifts from her Etsy shop last week and she was a delight to work with. I wanted to take the handmade pledge this year, but I knew what our gift to one another was going to be and I didn't want to break the pledge...I know...how Kyoto Treaty of me. Maybe next year.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP