Greetings from Chicago!

>> Friday, September 26, 2008

My husband is checking his email at the school he is rotating with to see if he got any new interviews. Can I brag for a minute? Mr. Sabbe just confirmed an interview at Yale! As you know we are from TN, both went to public high school, state college (go Vols, wouldn't trade it for the world) But I just think it's amazing that we'll even get to step foot in a building on Yale's campus. I've already invited myself to attend this interview with him. He has a total of 6 interview so far, including Columbia, NYU, Vanderbilt, and a couple more [Update: and Harvard]. I've always been quite average in the school department, mainly math and science. I was good at art. So I take great pride in the smarty pants that I married.

Yesterday we had lots of fun. It was Mr. Sabbe's birthday! He's two years older than me for the next four days. You would have thought it was mine because it was the most perfect day. I'll post pictures when I get back. After drinking our coffee and eating our bagels we visited this shop in the Wicker Park/ Bucktown area...one of my favorite parts of Chicago.

I had received an email about this shop a couple of weeks ago from the Daily Candy Chicago. Bryan's roomie (he is currently living with a sweet married couple near the school he is visiting) had this postcard on the fridge. She is a fellow crafter and right up my ally. She owns both the Amy Butler in Stitches book and Lotta Jansdotter's Simply Sew book, I covet them both. So my sweet husband Hop Stopped the store's location and there we were, surrounded by all my favorite fabrics. The prices were not bad at all. I would be in big trouble if I lived in this area. We loved many but could only afford to pick one. So I let Mr. Sabbe pick, being his birthday and all. And this is what I got...

I'm thinking it's Joel Dewberry again, but I cannot remember off the top of my head. Isn't it cool! Looks like wood...feels like fabric. Mr. Sabbe is quite the trendy man. I was already aware of the Veneer Trend going on right now, but he's all cooped up in a hospital 95% of the time and still knew what was cool. I had secretly been coveting this one for a while so I was glad when he picked it.

What do you think I should make? I was thinking maybe a high waisted skirt? Or maybe a clutch? Or maybe I could use it to make my Kate Bag Tutorial? I have 1/2 a yard.

See you next week!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP