Environmental Bag Lady

>> Thursday, February 21, 2008


I have been sewing tote bags for a couple of years now; baby bags, bridesmaid's bags, etc. But until now I had never sewn myself a grocery bag, although my stomach turns every time I go to the grocery store and take home another plastic bag.


And since I had tons of bags under my kitchen sink I decided to put them to good use. Unfortunately I did not come up with the genius idea on my own, I found the how to on the Etsy website. First I cut off the handles and then I folded the bags into strips. Then I placed them in between two sheets of wax paper and ironed.

I used my trusty old patten to piece the bag together and there you have it. My new, 100% recycled, grocery bag. I am excited to use it on my next trup to Schnuck's. Bryan is currently refusing to carry it due it's feminine appearance, but I've ensured him it will be the coolest man bag in Memphis.


Saving the Planet, one accessory at a time!


Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP