Chevron Tutorial Recall + the deer

>> Wednesday, January 6, 2010

First things first. Thank you to whoever commented about the contact paper ruining their walls. I forgot to mention a very important detail. Both walls I have applied this technique to have been lath and plaster, NOT drywall. I am understanding from a few comments that this may not work so well on drywall. I would believe them and steer clear. Damaged drywall is a waaaay bigger deal than painting where you were not supposed to. PLEASE don't ruin your walls by doing this tutorial. I will feel SO terrible.

I will say that the birds I did in my last house were up for two years and were easy to peel off when we were ready to move. So if you do have lath and plasters walls, you should be good to go.

Secondly, some people have asked about the deer head. Along with chevron, I was very big on the animal heads this past summer. I love, love, love this Etsy shop, but they were all out of my price range. So after looking everywhere, and even pricing a form and antlers for a major DIY attempt, I found this guy on Ebay for $25...


He is made of resin and the best part is, his antlers are detachable. So spray painting just the head was super easy.


For about $30 total, I think he's just as good as, if not better, than the Z Gallery version and almost 1/8th the price. I wish I could find the Ebay dealer, but I didn't see them when I looked. If you like it, I would check Ebay every now and then and see if they re-post them. My search was "deer head"

And to wrap this very wordy blog post up, please do not put contact paper on your drywall!
Can my conscious be clear now?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP