Status Update

>> Thursday, April 26, 2012

I commented on this original post about how much I hated status updates, especially workout related status updates (mainly because they make me feel lazy). But after spending the morning reading about my awesome friends back home who are running the Nashville Marathon, I change my mind. You've earned your braggin' rights! Status update all day long.

It's been a while blog friends! My little business has been quite busy for the past couple of weeks. Combined with motherhood, I have had little time for much else.

We got back from an awesome 7 days in NY two weeks ago. I highly recommend AirBnB which is where we found the apartment we rented. We only hired a sitter for a couple of nights, so having a separate living room was essential for Mr. Sabbe and I's post bedtime hangouts.

Rems was excellent at hailing cabs.
And this wannabe hipster decided it was much cooler to be yourself after immersing ourselves into hipster central, aka The Brooklyn Flea, Williamsburg for an afternoon.
Next time you are in NY, go to Son of Essex. It was my favorite place we had dinner. 
Get the lobster pot pie. It was amazing. Do not get the steak. Mr. Sabbe was still hungry:)
In other news, my good friend Betsy hired me to design a coffee shop she is opening up in Fenway. It's going to be called Neighborhoods. It will be awesome and exactly what our neighborhood needs. Here is where we are today.
This little bathroom in Arlington is still plugging along. The floors are going in today.
I snagged some more old wood that I am using to make a custom vanity mirror.
Lots of here and there type stuff.
I recently started helping a couple who is renovating a brownstone in the South End, my favorite Boston neighborhood. We selected paint for the house today and are currently in full swing designing the parlor level. This project is fun because if I had my pick out of all the types of homes in Boston, this is exactly where I would want to live.
And this past weekend our sweet friend Geoff had a group of us up to his family's cottage in Cape Ann. It's a short drive from Boston and pretty much heaven.
Who would have thought I would have my baby outside in a pool, in Boston, in April!?
I think it's safe to say, this has been the best winter/early Spring in the New England area ever.

7 comments:

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime April 26, 2012 at 3:59 PM  

Your little one looks SO cute in the 2nd picture. Glad all is well :)

Honeybee Ministries April 26, 2012 at 4:00 PM  

lol! I know! I usually read things like...woke up at 5 and spent some time with the Lord, then cleaned my entire house, exercised, and cooked my family breakfast before heading out to work...what the crap!

Anywhoo..great to see you and your cute family doing well. So excited for your fun projects!!

Susan April 26, 2012 at 4:35 PM  

Just arrived in your beautiful city this afternoon. Can't wait to see what all it has to offer. We are definitely going to Legal Seafood - just can't decide which location! Thanks again for the info.

pve design April 26, 2012 at 5:13 PM  

Seriously, I love that you feel the need to give us all a "status update" - If only blogs were around when I had my twins! You can always get a rah, a cheer and a "keep the faith" from me, pve
Love all your projects and your most important one is growing nicely. Remember these days do not come back....so balance wisely and enjoy life.
Wish I could have met you while you were in NY.
Next time.
pve

Jill April 27, 2012 at 6:10 PM  

We are going to be in NYC for a few days in July with our 2 year old and would love any ideas you have of must sees/dos for little ones!

annie May 26, 2012 at 12:12 AM  

You have been a very busy girl! I can't wait to head to Neighborhoods when we visit your city. I love seeing that pic of the house you are working on...my new (old) house has windows that curve like that...I'm sure there's a name for it...you would think I would know...anyway, please hurry and show us what you do with the house. I'm moving in 38 days! Oh and I have to mention that your little boy is darling!!!

Palacios November 30, 2012 at 12:51 AM  

lol! I know! I usually read things like...woke up at 5 and spent some time with the Lord, then cleaned my entire house, exercised, and cooked my family breakfast before heading out to work...what the crap! Anywhoo..great to see you and your cute family doing well. So excited for your fun projects!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP