City Gardeners!

>> Monday, April 30, 2012

After two long years of waiting, which was probably God saying "you just had a baby Stephanie Sabbe, you do not have time for a garden", we Sabbes were finally issued our own little plot of land in the Fenway Victory Gardens! This is what it looked like a week and a half ago when we first got it (think Secret Garden)

It was a larger plot that was recently divided into two. We got the side with no entry gate. So we tackled phase one this weekend which was to build a gate and a dividing fence.
You can take the boy out of the country suburbs....
What we have learned so far is, building a straight fence is hard work.  I'm sure there will be many, many more lessons along the way. Here are some ideas I have pinned for planting...
 And some more for entertaining...
 But what excites me the most, more than flowers or veggies or my own garden party, is my plan to have Mr. Sabbe build Remi his own little playhouse.
The best part is, we are right on the path that everyone takes to walk home from work. We have already had 5 or 6 friends stop by, coincidentally, and say hi.  Remi is on cloud nine with all the attention he is getting from strangers (which he prefers over attention from his mama or daddy). Boston is the smallest "big city" in the world, but by the end of the summer it's probably going to feel like Mayberry.



13 comments:

Melissa @ Veranda Interiors April 30, 2012 at 10:22 AM  

Love urban gardening, can't wait to see the progress!

LindsB April 30, 2012 at 11:18 AM  

We totally need to have a cocktail party in the garden!

I cant wait to see all the beautiful flowers and veggies you will grow!!

Marianne {Style For Living} April 30, 2012 at 12:34 PM  

Love this! You are going to have so much fun with you garden. Can't wait to see it all come together.

Kate {domestikatedlife} April 30, 2012 at 1:46 PM  

Agree with LindsB :)
That's so fun, I was curious how you get one of those plots -- guess the answer is after a long waiting list!

redbrickbuilding April 30, 2012 at 4:39 PM  

I'm so excited for you! Those gardens along the Fenway are so great - total score! It's going to be a lot of work and, in the same breath, a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing a fellow city gardener's garden grow.

Susan April 30, 2012 at 8:58 PM  

We are loving spending time in your beautiful city and those rooftop gardens we have seen from a distance are unbelievable. We enjoyed walking through the Boston Common and the Public Gardens - those tulips are some of the most beautiful that I've ever seen. Will be sad to leave on Wednesday afternoon, but we are definitely making plans to come back one day.

Julieann/CreateGirl April 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM  

Oh my I Love this area!!! I use to have a client on The Fenway!! Your garden is going to be so stylish, you might just have inspired me to create one myself!! Tea party in the garden?!

Haus and Home May 8, 2012 at 7:47 AM  

So cool! Can't wait to see the progress!

they-wa-the-tta May 27, 2012 at 6:11 AM  

You could use some good pottery. Check these out. http://www.dekornation.com/garden-pots-accessories-planters/ceramics-clay-pottery-art.html

Amit Jha May 27, 2012 at 6:12 AM  

You could use some good pottery. Check these out : http://www.dekornation.com/garden-pots-accessories-planters/ceramics-clay-pottery-art.html

L o v e l y t h i n g s June 2, 2012 at 6:13 PM  

How is your little oasis in the city shaping up? We used to go to the NY Botanical Gardens all the time and my kids used to always want to sign up for a plot at the community garden...my husband used to say, "or we could go home and pull weeds and plant a garden."....in CT....45 minutes away. Somehow this did not excite them. I almost think the sense of community you get from urban gardening is what makes it so much fun. Enjoy!

Eduardopmyv November 11, 2012 at 3:24 PM  

Oh my I Love this area!!! I use to have a client on The Fenway!! Your garden is going to be so stylish, you might just have inspired me to create one myself!! Tea party in the garden?!

Kevindywn December 7, 2012 at 1:20 AM  

Whitney is a world class ambulance and medical operations guru. They have hands on experience with the current medical technology so as to keep them current in terms of medical knowledge. Certified Nursing Assistant Work Plano Tx When I started back at the nursing home, he would come to the kitchen window and request his bacon and pimento sandwich.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP