The Perfect Pork Tenderloin

>> Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I'm no chef, but this is fool proof. I happened upon a "how to" somewhere a couple of months ago and I have yet to disappoint.

Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.

Place a pork tenderloin in a glass baking dish, drizzle with olive oil. Season to your liking. Sometimes I do just salt and pepper, last night I created a "kitchen sink pork tenderloin" which included every spice in my cabinet that I thought sounded good.


Cook for 15 minutes and then turn off the oven. Do not open the door. Leave in the over for another hour. That's it! To be safe, stick a meat thermometer in and make sure it is at least 145 degrees. Slice and get ready to be complimented on your amazing cooking skills.

I think the only thing that might not make this fool proof is the age of your oven. We have a pretty new oven. My last apartment had an oven from 1975. I could see that being a problem.

Mr. Sabbe suggested I should wage a Christmas cook off with my brother-in-law. I said sure. Kyle would be slaving away on some Food Network recipe while I painted my nails...and I would win. You reading this Kyle Sabbe?

14 comments:

Lili November 15, 2011 at 3:01 PM  

This sounds and looks FANTASTIC!!! I need to add it to my arsenal. =)

gayle November 15, 2011 at 9:28 PM  

how many pounds? looks bigger than those little roasts.

Ksabb November 15, 2011 at 10:03 PM  

haha, happened to visit your blog for the first time in a while and saw your shout-out to me.

Roasted pork tenderloin, come on, that's child's play. Just kidding, nice work, looks scrumptious.

I've been trying to up my cooking game this year, have some more signature recipes to share :)

Julia November 17, 2011 at 10:27 PM  

Looks easy and delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Lili November 18, 2011 at 8:19 AM  

UPDATE: Made this last night and it was AMAZING!!! And just as easy as it sounds!

annie November 18, 2011 at 4:46 PM  

I always forget how good pork tenderloin can be...and so easy. My son always says he loves it...and he thinks he's eating chicken. He doesn't "like" pork...okay!!

SHERRY HART November 29, 2011 at 8:16 AM  

Nothing can be that easy....can it???? My cooking skills usually require an easy bake oven.....if that tells you anything.

bathtub refinishing manhattan December 27, 2011 at 8:52 AM  

This is good it is very not important to be professional for cooking i am also can cook some dishes and i like this it and i will try it at home.

internet business insurance January 31, 2012 at 7:58 AM  

Well i would like to make dishes i am not a cook but love cooking and must try your recipe.

Steph@PlainChicken.com February 12, 2012 at 8:45 PM  

It is in the oven now! Can't wait to try it.

Steph@PlainChicken.com February 12, 2012 at 8:45 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous,  February 14, 2013 at 7:57 PM  

If some one desires expert view regarding running a blog after
that i propose him/her to pay a visit this webpage,
Keep up the fastidious job.

my webpage: G Sniper 2

Sharon Gilbert March 8, 2013 at 7:19 PM  

Oh.My.God. this is the best tenderloin I have ever made. my husband went back for seconds!

Sharon Gilbert March 8, 2013 at 7:19 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP