Tiny Art Made by Tiny Hands

>> Friday, August 26, 2011

A friend and new client of mine sent me this image today and I thought it was the most absolutely adorable idea. 
Created by designer Jan Eleni, it's a collage of dozens of little drawings made by tiny little hands. Design Mom noted that she plans on having one created every year for each of her children. I think I'll do the same. 

Graphically, it kind of reminds me of the sticker walls that are making their way 
all over the blogesphere this week.

In regard to things, I am not a terribly sentimental person. Because we've moved so often in our marriage, we tend to keep things pretty light. We have one little shoe box we labeled "memories" and if it doesn't fit, we usually don't keep it. But I'm sure once our little man starts making works of art for his mama and daddy, we will miraculously become the sentimental pack rats we said we would never be. The collage art is a great idea for those who can't bear to throw things away. Just yesterday I was cleaning out the 0-3 month clothes from his closet (because he can already wear 6-9 months) and I had a hard time parting with anything, even white onesies with big yellow poop stains all over the back. What have I become??
In other news, Rems discovered grass this week. I cannot believe in a week I am going to have a 5 month old. Where is the slow down button?

8 comments:

Melissa @ Veranda Interiors August 26, 2011 at 11:16 AM  

You might want to get a boot box to replace the shoe box for all of the memories to come with your little one!! Our oldest is just now starting to create beautiful things and I am looking forward to having a massive gallery wall one day filled with all of their projects. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!! xx

Kelly August 26, 2011 at 1:38 PM  

I am a confessed hoarder of my children's clothes. I love them all. Welcome to the club. And I can't even talk about their school projects. Oh the sweetness!!!

pve design August 26, 2011 at 2:22 PM  

Amidst the renovation, we had a lot of packing up to do and many tears were shed and laughs were laughed as we lived every memory again with saved homework, artwork, little treasures. Taking the one son to college we were reminiscing down memory lane. Clever to keep works of art digitally or collected in one work of art. That sticker wall cracks me up.
Enjoy your little man, before you know it he will be one.
pve

Kitchen Belleicious August 26, 2011 at 3:22 PM  

I love my son's clothes too and I seem to keep everything he has or has ever made and he is only 2! Wow- not sure if my place is big enough to fit it all as he grows up! I love the last picture. Your little guy is just precious! Enjoy it- i remember 6 months then it was like we skipped a year to 2 yrs:)

Honeybee Ministries August 27, 2011 at 12:04 AM  

how cute is remi?!! he is going to have your amazing arched eyebrows :)

Marianne {Style For Living} August 29, 2011 at 10:19 PM  

I saw the sticker wallpaper in Elle Decor and was amazed with what she designed with random stickers. Pretty brilliant! Always love seeing pics of your darling Remi. 5 months? Time does fly!

annie August 31, 2011 at 4:31 PM  

The art work collage is such a great idea. It's so hard to part with out children's art and yet we cannot possibly display it all. And unless your children actually become artist they stop making stuff and that happens before you know it! I love the look and the meaning of this collage...I checked out her website...they look really cool at the gallery in a group of three. Since I only have two kiddos, i think two would be pretty great as well.

That photo of your little boy in the grass is so sweet!! Enjoy!

annie

paula August 31, 2011 at 9:35 PM  

love the art, such a brilliant idea. Oh, and recently I went through some of the kiddos baby items that I saved. I so sat on the floor and cried. The MR thought I lost it, but then after careful consideration and knowing some of the things ellie nor KJ would ever want I gave them to good friends.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP