Edison Bulbs

>> Monday, August 8, 2011

We are using some fixtures with Edison bulbs for a project I am working on right now. I think they are so charming.

 I also like this modern version from Plumen.
Last week, I picked up the very inexpensive molnig chandelier from Ikea for our new apartment. I added some globe bulbs and I like it. But I think this week I'm going to get some unfrosted, lower voltage bulbs and see if it looks a bit more edison-esk. (because the provided electrical was in an odd place, we had to get a fixture that could swag to fall in the middle of our dining table)
not bad for $40

photos

9 comments:

Mary August 8, 2011 at 10:09 AM  

I bought a fixture for our guest bathroom that had an Edison bulb. But it gave off an amber hue. Not a good light for a bathroom. I ended up returning it.

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime August 8, 2011 at 11:02 AM  

Nicely done! I just went to a resturant with cool edison lights... I think it was the new Strega Waterfront.

Kimberly Moore August 8, 2011 at 11:53 AM  

Love the Edison bulbs. So industrial. I just did a post about the Pharmacy lamp...kind of in the same family. I can't get enough of them! Excited to see your apartment come together! If it's as creative and well done as your last one we're all in for a treat.

courtneyoutloud August 8, 2011 at 1:13 PM  

I love Edison lights and want to use them for the chandy I have sitting in my garage. Gotta love that I have a chandy with no place to hang it (actually I have two but dont tell the Partner)

Carlos August 8, 2011 at 9:43 PM  

Wow!. These vintage bulbs is very exotic, it stunned me. It's so bold and something that anyone would want to have in their homes...

"kitchenaid artisan review"

Allison {Live Love Small} August 10, 2011 at 3:10 PM  

i love the industrial look edison lights give a room. we just moved and the house happpens to have a few installed.

Amy @ Varnish August 11, 2011 at 4:33 PM  

I am flat out obsessed with filament! So beautiful.

paula August 15, 2011 at 9:20 AM  

love edison bulbs. They make such a difference.

SarahW August 16, 2011 at 6:26 AM  

Love these - particularly the group clustered above the table - great vintage look.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP