We've Been Making Stuff

>> Wednesday, June 15, 2011

 First up... popsicles. We bought these little forms for $1 at Target and have been pretty proud of our creations. This week we did fudgesicles, i.e. we froze chocolate pudding. It was delish.
See my tiny kitchen!? Ahhh, city living.

A couple of weeks ago I made this bag for a friend for her birthday.
I even found some left over little tags from back in the day
I made a couple of onesie/burp cloth sets for some new mamas at church.
 Such an easy/always cute project.
And I made some little booties, for our newest little lady friend. I used the trusty ole' bootie pattern.
We're actually hoping she's not just a lady friend.
subtle right?

This was my first attempt at freezer paper stencils.
I decided a heart was more appropriate than a circle.
The biggest lesson learned is, you cannot touch up fabric paint. There were a few spots that did not get paint, so I tried to fill them in. Those spots dried darker than the rest, so I kept on painting. And that's why it looks like this...

I need some sort of crafting sign that says "quit while you're ahead"

And lastly, here's a pic of the Sabbe men chatting it up on Skype. I love technology.
Not really craft related, but we did make him.

12 comments:

Kaper Design June 15, 2011 at 1:08 PM  

Thanks so much for the suggestions! They both sounds amazing. If you ever want to collaborate on commercial jobs let me know, I do restaurant and hospitality design.

Katie
kaperdesign.com

LindsB June 15, 2011 at 4:30 PM  

I was JUST telling the hubs last night that I wanted to get some of those pop things- good to know yours came from Target. I need to get there soon to get some of my own- yummyyyyy

pve design June 15, 2011 at 4:46 PM  

You are insanely good at making great stuff. Hope you will make a few more things....as I know you will.
Now all I want is a fudge pop!
pve

Marianne {Style For Living} June 15, 2011 at 5:17 PM  

Is there anything you can't do? You amaze me every day! Oh, and the pops looks yummy!

scsd June 15, 2011 at 6:48 PM  

ha! i love that last line! adorable! you've now inspired me to freeze everything! yum!

Erika Ward June 15, 2011 at 10:23 PM  

OMG this such a cute post especially the last photo with your two men. Adorable!!

lizziefitz June 15, 2011 at 10:41 PM  

Look at those thighs ! I am in baby love:)

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss June 16, 2011 at 8:09 AM  

Lots of fun things going on around there!

courtneyoutloud June 16, 2011 at 12:11 PM  

Fudgecicle ---- drool. I need that in my life.

annie June 17, 2011 at 8:29 PM  

I love the little onesies and burp cloths with their initials...so darling. And the houndstooth booties. You call these easy/always cute projects...I get the always cute, but easy? Oh I do wish I had learned to sew!

Haus and Home June 20, 2011 at 10:09 PM  

Those booties are too cute! Great job!

Julie Q June 24, 2011 at 1:55 PM  

excellent crafting over there! I finally took my trip to michaels to start making lil C some fancy headbands!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP