Beacon Hill

>> Tuesday, June 7, 2011

 This past Sunday the men and I went over to the Beacon Hill Art Walk. We love Beacon Hill. It's one of the many neighborhoods we say we want to live in before we leave Boston. Several months ago we were in the area and I saw John Kerry walking his dogs. In true southern fashion I said "hello, Mr. Kerry", he smiled and said hello back. Then my husband jokingly leaned over and told me that he's not Mr. Kerry he's Senator Kerry.

The best part of the tour was getting to see in people's backyards, which is where a great deal of the art was displayed. My favorite artist of the day was Catherine Nolin. Her paintings reminded me of a mix between Dali and VanGogh. Also they were mostly interiors scenes and I always enjoy a good illustrated perspective.

 Catherine has an etsy shop where she sells both originals and very affordable prints. I think this one needs to come and live on my green living room walls.
 

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP