Recent Work {bathroom}

>> Monday, February 21, 2011

It's snowing here again, which really does not make me excited to venture out to the tile showroom today. I am working on a master bath renovation in Arlington, which is right outside of Boston. My client has a very eclectic personal style, she likes orange, and is a huge outdoors woman. This is my abstract spin on a modern bathroom in the woods.


And, as most projects do, it has evolved quite a bit from the first go round above.

Did you notice it got bigger!? We decided to move a wall out 3 feet to make it more of a "master bath" feel. The house was built in the 20's, when there was no such thing as a master anything.

We tackled some major decisions this past week, but there are still more to be made. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can get it all documented and off to the contractor before this baby comes. Construction administration wearing a Baby Bjorn should be interesting. Just kidding.

10 comments:

bryn alexandra interiors February 21, 2011 at 12:47 PM  

awesome!! I'm so envious of your mad CAD skills.

freesparrow February 21, 2011 at 1:39 PM  

I really like it! The orange subway tiles are cool! But, I live in the desert in Southern California, so anything urban and non-native-american-inspired makes me smile!

Anna of IHOD February 21, 2011 at 2:13 PM  

I LOVE the cluster light bulb! Can't wait to see the result:)

Haven and Home February 21, 2011 at 3:00 PM  

Looks so good!!!! I can't wait to see it come to life!

Dana {Southern Inspired} February 21, 2011 at 3:01 PM  

Love the design!! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Lili February 21, 2011 at 5:07 PM  

I did notice and kept going back and forth to see if I'd miss ed the shower door moving from behind the door to the bathroom. Smartie smart!

Love the accent tile!

Marianne (Style For Living) February 21, 2011 at 7:17 PM  

Oh, looks great! I'm sure your client is thrilled!

Emily February 22, 2011 at 10:21 AM  

omg, super idea on the orange tiles. love those! you are so good at this. you're goign to be in a magazine someday. i know it :)

samia February 22, 2011 at 5:03 PM  

I love the details you provided.. these look amazing!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP