Picture Day

>> Tuesday, February 8, 2011

After much internal debate, I decided to book a session with a local photographer to take some maternity pics. And while some ladies look h.o.t half naked and pregnant, I just so happen to not be one of them. So we will be going for more of an engagement photo look, with some thought given to highlighting the bump. 

I recently had an epiphany, after looking at countless great images of family photos on other people's blogs, that what you wear makes a huge difference in how well photos turn out. I'm a big fan of black and grey, but that's not always the best choice for me with my super pale skin and red hair. So I have put together some ensembles for Mr. Sabbe and I that I'm pretty excited about. He's cute no matter what he wears, but these days I need some help looking put together. Luckily I found Aura's blog last week and am pretty much copying everything she's got going on into one outfit.

 How stinkin' adorable, right?
Now if I could figure out how to get her hair by 2 o'clock I would be good to go.

10 comments:

Design Blooms February 9, 2011 at 8:39 AM  

Im not pregnant yet-but now I know what Im going to wear..thanks! How about some bathing suit ideas for the summer?! (Im thinking two piece with a tunic?)

Lili February 9, 2011 at 9:10 AM  

This is one thing I wish I'd done and WILL do with baby #2. Oh and P.S. You look stinkin' fabulous in what ever you wear! You could take prego pics in a burlap sack and make it look awesome! Can't wait to see them!

Lavender and Lilies February 9, 2011 at 9:12 AM  

She looks so cute! I struggle with what to wear being pregnant and these are too cute.

Full House February 9, 2011 at 9:17 AM  

I'm not even pregnant and want to wear that bottom outfit. Hope pictures went well.

LindsB February 9, 2011 at 10:46 AM  

you look cute no matter what and I know these photos will be beautiful too! Have fun, and I cant wait to see how they come out :)

Leslie @ sharpstickintheeye February 9, 2011 at 9:32 PM  

I went to this link when you tweeted it and immediately felt like a loser. I'm barely showing and already looking dowdy compared to this girl. Sheesh! glad she's giving us pointers at least.

Can't wait to see your photos--I'm sure they'll be precious.

p.s. what was your debate? the half-naked route or doing them at all?

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss February 10, 2011 at 10:30 AM  

I am saving her blog for my next go round!

paula February 10, 2011 at 10:43 AM  

If only I looked half as cute pregnant. ha. I am sure you will rock them.

alison@MyLittleHappyPlace February 11, 2011 at 1:59 PM  

I was NEVER that successful at looking adorable during pregnancy - I can't wait to see your results!

samia February 22, 2011 at 5:00 PM  

looks awesome completely.. love the look.. hope when i get pregnsnt would look as chic as this!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP