Leave Out the Suitcase

>> Friday, November 12, 2010

Luggage, and what to do with it when we are not traveling, is a constant dilhema in our 800 sf house. Over the past couple of years I have been very inspired by the creative things people are doing with vintage luggage.

image: apartment therapy
image: lovemyearth.blogspot.com
Unfortunately vintage luggage is not quite as handy as the modern versions. But what if a new suitcase were as charming and easy on the eye as an old one. Would you entertain leaving them out?


Danielle Oakey Interiors November 12, 2010 at 10:01 AM  

if my luggage looked like that then i would leave it out too!

Rebecca November 12, 2010 at 10:10 AM  

The suitcase situation drives me insane - not enough height under the bed, difficult to squeeze into the bedroom wardrobe, not enough room in the hallway cupboard!

If my luggage was pretty enough to keep out, then I might do just that :)

Enjoy the weekend.

Stephanie November 12, 2010 at 11:44 AM  

Hmmm. Well I think I like the idea of it more than actually doing it. I think a very large vintage trunk would be nice as a coffee table, but not too sure about stacked suitcases. Installing a wall mounted luggage rack might be a storage option.

Lili November 16, 2010 at 5:29 PM  

I grew up with the ones in the first picture! Hmmmm...? Maybe dad still has them?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP