Drop Leaf Tables

>> Monday, October 4, 2010

I am currently working with a client who has inherited a great deal of furniture over the years from her grandmother. I am pretty into the whole "granny chic" look, so I have been really excited about mixing these pieces in with some newer pieces. Amongst the inherited furniture, she has a drop leaf table. If you asked me a couple of months ago my thoughts on drop leaf tables I probably would not have had much to say. But coincidentally, when we moved into our new apartment, Mr. Sabbe and I sold our large rectangular table and purchased this little table.

And what I have learned is, drop leaf tables are fantastic for tiny apartments. We still have 4 folding chairs, from our previous table, that we keep in a closet. But if we have company and need more seating room we can fold down the leafs, push the table against the wall and sit out the chairs. Flexible furniture is great.


Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design October 4, 2010 at 7:29 PM  

Drop leaf tables are such a great piece to have! So many uses!

LindsB October 5, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

I have one too, its perfect for our small kitchen and just the two of us. But when we have guests over it can be made into a table for 6 or more :)

Sara W October 5, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

i, too, like the drop leaf table for small kitchens. use it or move it out of the way. very practical.

Laura Trevey October 5, 2010 at 6:56 PM  

I love drop leaf tables.... We have one in the den, with one leaf up...

You are right, very flexible!
xoxo Laura

Lili October 6, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

I'm really digging this green wall I see popping up in your "home"pics. Can't wait for the full on tour!

Oh and our eating/office/future home of the hub's dream fish tank room is in need of some creativity like this. I'm stalking Craig's List for some "Flex" furnature but nothing yet.

Creategirl October 13, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

I have a drop leaf in my apt and LOVE it! It has a leaf which is even better for those dinner parties. Love your nook it is very cozy1

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP