Amy Butler + Graham and Brown = LOVE

>> Sunday, June 6, 2010

Since the beginnings of this blog I have expressed my deep love for Amy Butler fabrics. I love her, I love her work. I want my home office to be as cute as hers. I want to embrace her handmade lifestyle. I want to be her best friend, etc. etc. So you can imagine how pumped I was when I turned the corner at the ICFF and ran into Graham and Brown's booth, displaying all of their new Amy Butler designed wall coverings! PUMPED. And they are so fun.

Amy and G&B, could you add a large Lotus to the line next? It's one of my favorites.
I was gushing so much at the booth that the Graham and Brown rep gave me her Modern Midwest book, which was such a nice surprise. It's a beautiful book. AND he told me that I missed meeting Amy by a day! She was at the show on Saturday and I didn't get there until Sunday. So sad!

On a somewhat related note, does anyone know who makes this wall covering?
What do you think about faux wood wallpaper? Like or dislike?


Sweetlove June 6, 2010 at 7:29 PM  

The faux wallpaper is a no I think. From a far it might look okay in this shade...but I think that up close it could really look bad. Without texture or in the wrong color pallet, you could end up trying to look like poorly made prefab home walls. I think it may just be too easy to mis-step with it.

Anonymous,  June 6, 2010 at 8:22 PM  

I like it so much that'd I'd even try doing it with a faux bois paint roller on the cheap!

freesparrow June 6, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

I like it, though I thought it looked more like stone than wood. Who makes the black wire chair on the right? THAT is amazing!

AlliT June 6, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

I just bought ten yards of Amy Butler Love fabric to recover an old couch... YAY!! I love how happy her fabrics make me feel!!!

Design Esquire June 7, 2010 at 8:33 AM  

In that room, I love the faux wallpaper. Not sure how it would look in the real world though.

I love Amy Butler fabrics too - they are my favorite! They're so fun and colorful, they just make me happy.

paula June 7, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

loving the new amy butler wallpaper and the faux wood is a huge YES! I've seen it in a bath too and it was stunning. I will let you know if I come across the source again.

ERIKA June 7, 2010 at 4:22 PM  

faux wallpaper is genius! i have an equally great affection for amy butler fabrics, too! i'm using her love trumpet flowers pattern in my daughter's room!

Gramercy Home June 7, 2010 at 4:51 PM  

Love that purple AB wall cover - I'm a big fan of her prints. I've come across that faux-bois paper but can't remember the name. I saw it on a ceiling, which I thought was a clever look.

Jessica June 7, 2010 at 9:06 PM  

I just need to say that the sideboard in that first picture needs to come live in my home. That's all.

Lil T June 8, 2010 at 12:30 AM  

Love AB and happy to see she is expanding to wall covering. Thanks for keeping us posted. Faux wallpaper is iffy. Smaller space (ie a bathroom): maybe. In a large room, I think it will date itself too quickly for the expense. In other words, I'm not a huge fan. I could see liking it for a few months and then wanting to start all over again.

Rūta June 8, 2010 at 3:05 AM  

I usually hate faux wood wallpapers, but bedroom in the last photo looks amazing.

Rebecca Dennison UK,  June 8, 2010 at 6:55 PM  

Hi the wallpaper in the picture is: Harlequin Wallpaper, Oralia 10967, Silver / Metallic, its available from John Lewis in the UK.

Dayka (Life +Style) June 9, 2010 at 12:22 PM  

LOVE the faux wood wallpaper.

Lili June 13, 2010 at 8:08 AM  

Not a monster fan of it. Growing up, my dad's offices had it in the halls and I remember it feeling funny under my fingers. That having been said, you make everything you touch look fab so I can't imagine why faux wood wallpaper would be any different.

--> jonahliza June 25, 2010 at 12:21 AM  

that lotus paper looks crazy awesome <3

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP