Zoe Needs a ModKat

>> Friday, May 21, 2010

As most of you are well aware, we are cat people. This is Zoe. We refer to her as our daughter.
The only thing we hate about having this little four legged child is her litter box and the fact that the litter never managers to stay inside the box. This week at the ICFF I was introduced to the ModKat.
It is a litter box for the modern cat lover, who also likes to keep their floors pebble free. I'm in love.
They come in many colors and they are environmentally friendly with this reusable liner.
If you are not convinced, watch this video. This cat seems to like it.

Our little lady will be getting one of these for her birthday (budget pending) which is July 1st in case you were wondering. They even give a trade discount. Get excited!

Update: I just found this if you do not have $$$ for a kitty box. It's not as pretty, but seems to do the same thing.


paula May 21, 2010 at 11:52 AM  

It sure does look good.

Jennifer May 21, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

Ooooo, I wish this was more in my budget because my kitties (Maggie & Rory) need something like this. Even with those mats in front of their litter boxes, we end up kitty litter everywhere.
Zoe is adorable!

Lauren May 21, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

This is hysterical! I would LOVE to have this...it would also less of a mess if Henry tries to get into the litter (ugh)! Our 20+ pound George cannot jump well...and might tip it over...EEEKKK...and who wants an "on the side" outhouse! :) So happy to hear that there are other kitty lovers out there!

Rebecca May 21, 2010 at 12:08 PM  

I neeeeed this. It would solve all our problems :D I like the fact that it gives cats privacy and comes with a tough liner. I currently use plastic liners but Honey still manages to rip it to shreds. In fact she LOVES a fresh plastic liner as it really gives her something to get her claws into!! ARGH!

Zoe is adorable. She looks so much like Honey. The other day I kissed Honey goodbye and called her my "rosebud nose" (she has a sweet pink nose) and my husband looked at me like I was crazy!

Design Esquire May 21, 2010 at 1:06 PM  

Zoe is so cute!! Based on her looks alone, she deserves the best.

Courtney May 21, 2010 at 1:39 PM  

Looks cool! Unfortunately I have two cats and could see that place becoming a battle ground. While it may be expensive, it looks like something you may be able to rig up yourself.

Courtney May 21, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

Thanks for commenting, Stephanie! I wish my blog was more active, but I use this mostly to follow different blogspots and use LiveJournal as my real blog.

I've always enjoyed your blog, though. You seem really down to earth.

squishe May 21, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

I have one of these (was on the pre-order list) and can say it has really helped with the litter tracking issues we used to have. I was worried my 16 yr old kitty wouldn't figure it out but it took her no time to jump right in and get down to business!

Leslie @ sharpstickintheeye May 21, 2010 at 5:19 PM  

We just got a CleverCat, and Red has definitely caught on.

My only issue is that he smells more like the litter after he's used the restroom, I guess from all the contained dust that's just been kicked up.

The modkat sure is slick!

Mandy May 21, 2010 at 7:03 PM  

No cats here...but my planters in front have proven to be just as effective. ;)

I just gave you a blog award on my site!


Lili May 22, 2010 at 11:02 AM  

I've seen the second one at the pet store and thought to myself "that's a rubber tub with a hole cut in the top", But it's bcool to see that kitty seams to like it. You must let us know how Zoe likes hers.

jeanine May 22, 2010 at 7:06 PM  

I saw that last year and wanted one until I found out it costs more than a cheap toilet. Cute but way too much money for a tiny square of plastic. :)

My sister has a cheaper version though and her cats seem to like going in and out of the top.

lecox May 29, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

glad that i could witness this with you :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP