Guest Blogger 1: Carlee

>> Monday, May 17, 2010

I always like when some of my favorite blogs invite other people to write for them. It's an easy way for me to find new blogs that write on things I would be interested in. So I asked 3 of my Boston blogger buddies, who all happened to be recently engaged, to show us some wedding inspiration they have found in Interior Design. I did not start writing a blog until 2 years after I married Mr. Sabbe, so the subject of weddings should be a nice new subject.


First up, Carlee from Deliciously  Organized. Carlee and I met at the blogger meet up we had last Fall and have been friends ever since. She cracks me up because she's from San Francisco and says things like "knarly". She also keeps me up to date on things like detox diets, facials, crazy supplements, and, of course, organization. Her fiance recently kicked my husband's butt in a game of golf. 


Thanks for sharing Carlee!


____________________________


As a preface, I've mentioned this on my blog, but I'm not a huge fan of weddings.  Although since newly engaged, I'm warming up to the idea.  So please, bare with me on my inspiration board as I'm a total amateur on this subject...



Had to throw in a stache pic as this is Stephanie's blog!  


Photographs: Room, Ladies, Flowers, Shoes, Cake, Bowtie and Girl in Chair

17 comments:

pve design May 17, 2010 at 10:10 AM  

I think the part about not being a big fan of weddings makes me love Carlee all the more, I can just see all the organizing and scheming for a naturally delicious affair! Love the images.
pve

Design Esquire May 17, 2010 at 10:10 AM  

I love it! Especially the 'stache photo. (By the way, congrats on the wedding! I got married two years ago in Boston, let me know if you need any vendor recommendations).

Design Esquire May 17, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

Whoops - I meant congrats on your engagement!

Isabella & Max Rooms May 17, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

Love the image with the sweeping skirt and huge chair! Congrats on the engagement...I too was not into big weddings, or even weddings in general. (And I worked with a lot of brides when I got married! Perhaps THAT is why!) My husband and I got married at SF City Hall! Janell

Mandy May 17, 2010 at 11:12 AM  

I love the colors you're using. Beautiful & fresh!

Lili May 17, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

I really love the colors here. Regardless if the wedding is outdoors or in, they are beautiful together.

All though I have an extreme desire to be organized, my follow through is sometimes a bit lack luster, so I’ll have to check out your blog for some help.

LindsB May 17, 2010 at 11:44 AM  

such a lovely inspiration board- I love the pink and green!

Saara @ GEORGE Interior Design May 17, 2010 at 12:21 PM  

Love all these pics! I just bought those EXACT ikat pillows on the bed. This series is going to make me want to plan a wedding again...love planning/talking weddings but didnt like being the center of attn at mine at all!!

Deliciously Organized May 17, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

thank you everyone! and thanks stephanie for having me! loved that intro...hope you're having a nice trip.

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime May 17, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

Pretty pretty! Carlee, have you set a date? :)

pretty pink tulips May 17, 2010 at 2:24 PM  

I think you're going to plan a FINE wedding!! I think fun shoes under your dress (like the ones you pictured) is a great way to throw in some less obvious flair. Be sure and hire the BEST photographer you can. After everything is over, that's what you'll be left with (in addition to your adoring husband) and you will be glad you spent what ever it takes! :)

Marija May 17, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

I think you did a fabulous job! Such a cool blog for your wedding post debut!

Fran May 17, 2010 at 8:42 PM  

Carlee, you're going to do a fabulous job! You have such a good eye and I love what you put together for this post - those colors are wonderful!

Stephanie Sabbe May 18, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

love it, especially the stache. Thanks Carlee!

Katie May 20, 2010 at 3:06 AM  

Carlee, don't know what you were worried about, you're clearly better at this wedding planning stuff than you think. I love this cheeky wedding look!

paula May 21, 2010 at 11:53 AM  

I love. how fun. What a fabulous idea.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP