That's a HUGE Bag

>> Monday, April 19, 2010

I made a spring bag this weekend. It turned out a wee bit larger than I had anticipated.

I'm telling you, once you go messenger bag you will never go back. Hands free. Then you can hold your coffee in one hand and awkwardly hold the grab bar on the T, with your elbow in a stranger's face, with the other. And your bag will never slip off your shoulder. I have loved this one all winter. But I may have to give it another go with this one...
It's just SO big! And the sad truth is, I know I will eventually fill it up. But I'm not sure I'm ready to go there yet, especially since I do not change diapers or feed babies on a daily basis. I do tell myself that these three little pockets in the front will change my life. If you sew, you know what I mean.
Every bag I make has more options to be more organized. But it never takes. I just end up getting really annoyed trying to figure out which one I dropped my lipstick into.

Happy Patriots Day!...Who celebrates that holiday you ask? Boston! along with 10 other random holidays. It's like we're all bankers here and I love it. In about 30 minutes I am going to try to catch the winner of the 114th Boston marathon! I'm so excited.  I hope some of their drive rubs off on me. Come back to see photos.


Design Esquire April 19, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

I love the bag! The fabric is great. Depending on what you would use it for, I think your bag is a good size. Although they're handy, I try not to get too big of a bag for similar reasons - I'll eventually fill it up and it will weigh 15 pounds.

Isabella & Max Rooms April 19, 2010 at 11:17 AM  

You made this bag? It's great! You could have a entire business based on this product...Janell

Sarah :) April 19, 2010 at 11:38 AM  

Love the fabric! Maybe you could put this one on etsy and make yourself another one. :)

Rebecca April 19, 2010 at 11:40 AM  

It's so professional looking! Before I read the text, I thought you'd bought the bag but then read you made it. It's really lovely. I know EXACTLY what you mean about pockets - it's the first thing I look for when I buy a bag :)

Lili April 19, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

I've been told that the real name for today is "Marathon Monday" When I was up there for it 5 year ago The entire city shut down TO SUPPORT THE RACE. It was AWESOME!!!

As as always I love the bag. Do you still have you ETSY shop?

Sara W April 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

good golly, miss molly, that IS big! haha, but it's awesome. i love big bags. will come in handy as a diaper bag one day... :)

LindsB April 19, 2010 at 4:16 PM  

OK I need to come make a bag like this with you- I have been dying for a messenger bag forever and cant seem to find the right one- I think its time i just made my own :)

Courtney and Jason G. April 19, 2010 at 4:56 PM  

tell me what kind of sewing machine you have. I'm in the market...

Stephanie Sabbe April 19, 2010 at 5:21 PM  


I use a Singer. I swear by Singer. I used a singer from 1987-2007, and it was used. It looks like this:

I cannot find a serial number on it. Sorry! It embroiders, but I do not use it all that often. A good straight and zigzag stitch is all I need. Good luck! I still want to make that golf onesie!

Estelle April 19, 2010 at 5:37 PM  

Oh my mother in law is in town from Boston and boy did I get an ear full this morning about Patriots Day and the marathon. Hope it's been a lovely day for you. Your bag has me quite inspired.

High-Heeled Foot in the door April 19, 2010 at 7:25 PM  

Love this bag and it's size. I could easily fill it up!

Hope you had fun today!

My sister actually went to Boston to celebrate with her friends as well.

Lauren April 19, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

FANTASTIC bag! I am still in "baby bag" mode, but your post reassured me that I guess I'm still somewhat hip...Sling my bag over my body, baby on one hip while holding a 4 year old's soft hand. Now where to hold my coffee?

Juliet April 19, 2010 at 9:51 PM  

I love the details! I generally carry big bags and I love that I don't have to switch from shopping mode to business mode -- big bags have room for shopping treats and notebooks, folders, magazines, etc. for work. I say, rock the big bag!

rebekka April 19, 2010 at 10:50 PM  

I agree! Messenger bags are the BEST! I love yours, it looks awesome :)

Blueprint Bliss April 20, 2010 at 9:10 AM  

Love it. Save it for a diaper bag. You'll use it one day! :)

Martha April 20, 2010 at 1:03 PM  

Love this style! Are you going to sell them?

Stephanie Sabbe April 21, 2010 at 9:24 PM  

Martha! I don't think I will. I think my sewing Etsy shop may be no more. I have no time to sew these days.I will make you one to order if you want:)

Julie April 22, 2010 at 2:20 PM  

I love it!!! So cute!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP