Messenger Bag {take 1}

>> Saturday, November 28, 2009

I've been filling my holiday weekend with my favorite pastime. Yesterday I made this messenger bag for myself.

I really like it and think I will get a lot of use out of it running around the city. It was actually a practice round for a bag I finished today for my friend Cherie. I'll post hers tomorrow. I think I like it better. Isn't that they way it always goes? I got started with a tutorial found here.

The boss was very happy to be back in the studio.

Although I had to kick her out when the thread spools started getting knocked all over the place. Does anyone else have a cat whose favorite treat is sewing thread? {please say yes, I need a support group} It's like drugs for her. She can't stop, nor can she ever recall her prior bad experiences. She chews and swallows, chew and swallow....30 minutes later, she throws up....then does it all over again. I obviously try to keep her away from the thread, but she's an addict, and addicts do crazy things to get their fix.


Lauren November 28, 2009 at 11:11 PM  

Cute bag! And I'm loving your kitty pix! To cute! And yes, I get the whole cat eat thread only to throw it all up and do it all over again! :) Gotta love kitties!

Heather November 28, 2009 at 11:37 PM  

The bag is great! My cat is obsessed with hair bands. She flips them all over the house and then puts them in her food bowl. It's the strangest thing.

Lili November 29, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

Yeah I'm with Heather on the hair bands they are my kitties' crack. They are also big fans of blanket binding.

I LOVE the messanger bag! Will this go onto your etsy shop?

LindsB November 30, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

Such a cute bag, great for the city and T riding :)

Creategirl December 1, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

OHHHH please sell these bags, I am loving it!! I would have all my shopping done : )

Deliciously Organized December 2, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

I want one! christmas gift for blogging friends? haha

I love it, you are so talented!

And your cat is pretty cool too...I do like her and her tricks.

Bluebirdbaby December 5, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

It looks great! You did a marvelous job. Thanks for sharing it with me :) Your fabric choices are awesome!

LindsB March 19, 2010 at 12:45 PM  

I need this!! Seriously, do you have these for sale on your etsy site that can be customized- I really, really, really need one :)

Erin Jackson March 19, 2010 at 2:20 PM  

Our dog is obsessed with eating the pin cushion...with pins in it! What in the world? Just seems like torture to me!

yatie .::. maetty July 21, 2011 at 11:33 PM  

this is cute bag... i love it... ;) i'm a beginner to sewing craft and my first trial i put it on my blog & may facebook page (My Sewing Studio Collection)... feel free to visit & click LIKE if you really like the page... thanks friend... ;)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP