Guest Writer p1 - Mr. Sabbe

>> Saturday, April 24, 2010

I have the fortunate pleasure of being a "guest writer" for the next week and manning the ship at sabbespot.com, I hope to not disappoint.  My spin on design and architecture is nowhere near as astute as my lovely wife's, and I am not even in the same ballpark as her creativity and skills but I do have a few things I would like to share.  With that being said I think Stephanie has always wanted us to be the next Ray and Charles Eames and we came close when I was practicing Civil Engineering, but that dream drifted further away from becoming reality once I was accepted into medical school.  I think we can still do some great work, but I will definitely be riding on Stephanie's coattails.

Stephanie is becoming quite more and entranced with city life [and slowly so am I], but I still find myself drawn to the tranquility of water, mountains, and quiet.  Unfortunately this comes at the expense of not being able to walk to the grocery store, movies, parks, theater, work, etc.  Yet there are always compromises to be had and options which I think can appease us both [but more likely for me].  I found this house in Sweden which melds the inside and out in a seamless transition.  I guess it is the Boy Scout in me, but I have always wanted an outdoor fireplace and a glass wall to make me feel like I am outside at all times.  Doesn't look like there are too many neighbors around which is also a plus given the glass wall in front of the bedroom.  Enjoy.




My favorite



Boy Scout's Dream, ready made firewood

Coutrtesy of http://www.trendir.com/house-design/ranch-style-cabin-wrb.html

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP