The Conference Room is Out

>> Friday, April 2, 2010

Impromptu meeting spaces along corridors, under stairs, and in basically any otherwise useless space are in.

This is good for designers, if you find yourself with a little hole in your plan here or there, you put a couple of lounge chairs in a circle and call it a "break out area." I have never worked anywhere that has break out areas. Have you? They make corporate spaces feel a lot more fun.
Have a good weekend


Kami April 2, 2010 at 9:31 PM  


So, remember when we were in the initial planning phase of building our new corporate headquarters, Ben, the CEO, kept saying "The whole place is going to be open! No more offices. All cubes...and transitional cubes at that...and open meeting spaces...all wireless...and white noise...and funky spaces...and a homey cafe...and a courtyard to meet and eat...!" I cringed...except for the courtyard part.

Thank goodness for people like you who have visions and are able to execute them! I never would have imagined!

After being in our new headquarters for several years now, I've grown to love the open environment. I'm on a software design team and there is soo much brainstorming that can take place in such an atmosphere.

I just got a mtg invite for last Fri that said, "Meet by the shower curtain and funky chairs on the 4th floor". I showed up, sat on the floor by a zebra print pillow and took my notes. ;)

Saara @ GEORGE Interior Design April 3, 2010 at 1:05 AM  

My husband's work has these little breakaway pods, among other cool design features. They just had a new building written up somewhat recently...I interned on the theatre.

It's a pretty nice place for him to work! :)

Jennifer@NicoleJaneHome April 3, 2010 at 8:24 PM  

Loooooove all the chairs in this post. Fabulous!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP