Thank You + The Help

>> Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and cards over the past few weeks. I want to especially thank people who have shared stories with me of loved ones they have lost. I think, initially, the hardest thing about suddenly losing a loved one is feeling like you are the only one in the world who has gone through something like this. And the prayers, they work. I can feel God's arms wrapped tightly around me. And although I do not have an answer to never ceasing whys and know I may never have answers in this lifetime, I do know that one day "He will wipe every tear from [our] eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things [will pass] away." and He will say "It is done."(Rev 21:4,6)


A couple of weeks ago I finished The Help. Have you read The Help? It's a good one. I found it on Brooke's blog last summer and finally got around to reading it last month. I am a southern girl and there are so many things I adore about the South. There are also a few that I do not adore, mainly it's history of opposition to integration. I cried when I visited the National Civil Rights Museum a couple years ago in Memphis. Being a southerner, who went to a southern college, joined a southern sorority, and married a southern fraternity boy, it was very easy to project myself into this book. I thought about which character would represent a 1960's version of myself. And while I hope it would be Skeeter, I fear that I may lean a bit more towards Elizabeth. You?

Thank you again for reading my blog and being my blog friends. I never in a million years would have thought that I would have found such dear, dear friends via the internet. I really mean this, I have a diary from high school that reads "I hate the internet, I can't wait until it goes out of style." Such a forward thinker.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP