Thank You + The Help

>> Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and cards over the past few weeks. I want to especially thank people who have shared stories with me of loved ones they have lost. I think, initially, the hardest thing about suddenly losing a loved one is feeling like you are the only one in the world who has gone through something like this. And the prayers, they work. I can feel God's arms wrapped tightly around me. And although I do not have an answer to never ceasing whys and know I may never have answers in this lifetime, I do know that one day "He will wipe every tear from [our] eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things [will pass] away." and He will say "It is done."(Rev 21:4,6)


A couple of weeks ago I finished The Help. Have you read The Help? It's a good one. I found it on Brooke's blog last summer and finally got around to reading it last month. I am a southern girl and there are so many things I adore about the South. There are also a few that I do not adore, mainly it's history of opposition to integration. I cried when I visited the National Civil Rights Museum a couple years ago in Memphis. Being a southerner, who went to a southern college, joined a southern sorority, and married a southern fraternity boy, it was very easy to project myself into this book. I thought about which character would represent a 1960's version of myself. And while I hope it would be Skeeter, I fear that I may lean a bit more towards Elizabeth. You?

Thank you again for reading my blog and being my blog friends. I never in a million years would have thought that I would have found such dear, dear friends via the internet. I really mean this, I have a diary from high school that reads "I hate the internet, I can't wait until it goes out of style." Such a forward thinker.

13 comments:

Jennifer Anderson March 9, 2010 at 7:35 PM  

steph - i read the help over christmas and LOVED it - my favorite was the country girl that could never get the other girls to invite her to bridge and never knew what to do - she was so genuine to me!

Jaime March 9, 2010 at 8:28 PM  

Glad you're back. :) I heard this book was amazing. I must read!

Lauren March 9, 2010 at 9:09 PM  

So happy that you are back! This book sounds wonderful. I just started reading again and forgot how relaxing and reward it is.

And you did not say that about the internet in H.S. Ummm...I don't even know how many people knew about the internet when I was in H.S. Yes, dinosaurs! :) Still thinking of you!

Emily March 9, 2010 at 9:19 PM  

Such a great quote and I'm glad you're on your way back. I have heard that book is good...may have to borrow it!

Blueprint Bliss March 9, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

I'll have to get back to you on The Help and which character I would be. I know that I would want to be Skeeter- but would probably be someone else...

So glad that you are feeling God's arms wrapped around you. You have so many people thinking about you and praying for you.

Love the diary entry. That's too funny!

LindsB March 9, 2010 at 10:31 PM  

hello love- I'm glad to have you back around the internet blog world, even if it is out of fashion :) While I am not a southern, by any means, the book sounds interesting and I'll have to put it on my list.

We need to have a girls night asap, I think some wine, laughs and "butta faces" are long over due :)

Andrea March 9, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

Welcome back cutie pie! I am glad you took a well needed break and sorted things out. Not that they are ever completely sorted - but the initial shock and aftershocks are slowing down hopefully. Lots-o-love from the frigid north!

Design Esquire March 10, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

I'm so glad that you are back. You and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers.

Rebecca March 10, 2010 at 11:52 AM  

I was so pleased to see a post from Sabbespot in my google reader :) Glad you are doing OK... I've been sending lots of thoughts and good wishes across the ocean to you.

Such a funny diary entry! I'd hate to look back over my diaries to see what I wrote as a teenager.. *cringe*

freesparrow March 10, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

So glad you are back! Yours is my favourite blog to read, and makes getting up at 4am for work (starbucks) that much easier when I have pretty pictures and inspiring ideas to wake me up. :)

My husband and I had a miscarriage a year and a half ago, and certain songs and thoughts still make me cry. I think more so now, since many, many of my friends are having babies. It is bittersweet, but one of my closest friends just had a miscarriage, too, and today I was thinking about how sometimes God has us go through things not only for our own growth, but also to comfort others who go through it later. 2 cor. 1:3-5. I don't know you, but my prayer is that you can trust in Him completely, even years down the road as you see Him work in this situation.

Thanks for being in the blogging world!

Heather March 11, 2010 at 10:35 AM  

Hey Stephanie! Glad to see that you've returned! You've been in my thoughts.
Dear diary......

Creategirl March 11, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

Welcome Back Stephanie! I know it doesn't all feel better in a day, week or year but just know we missed you and will always be here if you! Our design/blog community is truly remarkable in its support!!

Haven and Home March 16, 2010 at 6:22 PM  

Welcome back, so glad the prayers were felt, may God continue to bring you comfort.

I still have not read that book but I want to.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP