The Upgraded Chevron

>> Monday, February 8, 2010

It's no secret that the chevron has made a huge splash in the design world over the past couple of years, in a mostly modern way.
But the chevron, or zigzag, or whatever you want to call it, has been around forever. One of my favorite uses of this geometric pattern is with herringbone wood flooring.
  I also love the same technique with rectangular floor or wall tile.
I could not find a photo, but my favorite is the classic subway tile installed with a herringbone pattern. I love using conventional materials in unconventional ways.


Nate @ February 8, 2010 at 7:18 PM  

That is one spectacular stove! I love the white chevron tile there. Those herringbone floors remind me of grand Parisian apartments. Lovely.

Isabella & Max Rooms February 8, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

Love the first image, so inspiring with it's mix of patterns! Janell

LindsB February 8, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

love this, love love love! I am sending this post to my Dad and telling him he needs to do tile or floors in this pattern.

Heather J February 8, 2010 at 9:26 PM  

i totally agree. herringbone wood floors are drool-worthy. love these pictures and examples.

Haven and Home February 8, 2010 at 9:53 PM  

In my dream home there will be herringbone wood floors.

mintagehome February 8, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

Do you that's shell on the last back splash- I love it!

my favorite and my best February 8, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

i love those floorrrrrrs!!!!! they make my eyes weep with glitter.

jeanine February 9, 2010 at 6:07 AM  

someday, somehow I will have herringbone wood floors.....

Lili February 9, 2010 at 6:34 AM  

Oooh I really like the chevrons on the floor expecally in that dark wood floor and the bathroom. Very nice!

Design Esquire February 9, 2010 at 8:13 AM  

I really like the bathroom image - the floor is very unexpected, but it adds so much texture to the room.

Blueprint Bliss February 9, 2010 at 8:33 AM  

Love the wood floors. I have some images saved in my 'one day house' file.

Emily February 9, 2010 at 10:35 AM  

loving these. those hardwood floors....amazing. ready to move right in now.

Rebecca February 9, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

So fun!! I LOVE herringbone flooring. I'd have that in my dream home.. one day maybe :)

paula February 9, 2010 at 1:46 PM  

such a favorite of mine.

jeanine February 11, 2010 at 1:20 AM  

oh, and I forgot to mention that the shop is "close to" Javits (where the ICFF is), I sense a field trip!!

carlee February 12, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

Can't get enough of chevron, zig zag whatever you want to call it! LOVE

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP