Our Apartment {Before and After}

>> Monday, February 1, 2010

Here is the living room, entry, dining room before (before we moved in)
   And this was the bedroom.
And here is the after.
Keep in mind we are renting and are not allowed to paint or have any construction related fun. But it's really starting to feel like home, so much that Mr. Sabbe mentioned wanting to start looking for a two bedroom in the Fall and I told him I'm not quite sure I'm ready to leave our cozy little one bedroom, plus he'll never get me out of the South End. I still have a long list of project to-dos which includes converting my coffee table into an upholstered ottoman, adding covered buttons to the bolster on our bed, lining my living room curtains, and the list goes on and on. I love projects.


Deliciously Organized February 1, 2010 at 7:26 PM  

You have built a gorgeous home. I love all the details, right down to the staches. You are so talented in so many different ways and your home reflects that. I love that verse btw, I have a painting I did a while back with the entire verse. One of my favorites.

emrlds February 1, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

this is stunning! I love the framed chalkboard and the chevron on the walls. congratulations on converting the place into such a beautiful home. =)

laurelstreet February 1, 2010 at 8:13 PM  

I share your deep and abiding love of a good project! It's fun to see the before and afters. I love the colorways of your living room curtains.

Andrea February 1, 2010 at 8:21 PM  

Your divine interior design crosses over to divine (dare I say it...) interior decorating! :-) Beautiful. I bet when you own a place one day in the near future it will be full of color! Love the staches by the way!

Lauren February 1, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

You create such amazing spaces! I love that you have fun with your style! Your apt. should be in a magazine! :)

Courtney and Jason G. February 1, 2010 at 9:27 PM  

this should be in print. Im sure every inch of your place feels just like home.


Heather J February 1, 2010 at 9:29 PM  

just came across your blog and glad i did. i love what you've done with the place. it looks great! can't wait to see your upcoming projects.

LindsB February 1, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

Well I cant top Carlees comment, she is so sweet!

I'm going to say this because I think you can handle it...I like the before better


The before f*ckin sucks- the after is the bomb!! Mr and Mrs Sabbe are the bomb too- love them and their house!!

Heather T.,  February 1, 2010 at 11:52 PM  

Awesome! It looks amazing Stephanie!!

Rebecca February 2, 2010 at 5:06 AM  

Ooooh so beautiful. I LOVE all the textiles you've used.. it looks so warm and comfortable. I wouldn't want to move from here either! You've done a fab job :)

Design Esquire February 2, 2010 at 8:05 AM  

Wow. Everything looks fantastic. Carlee said it perfectly. You really built a home.

Casa Bliss February 2, 2010 at 8:14 AM  

I love your style! I'm new to your adorable little blog and I'm loving it. Bethany

Lili February 2, 2010 at 8:25 AM  

Oh I really like it! I love how cozy your living room looks from the photos. Like I could totally nap right there on the couch. (Hmmm... I could pretty much nap anywhere these days though...) Anyway. I love it! Wonderful job.

Now what I am wondering about most is the kitchen...? What would a southern girl's Boston kitchen look like? =)

Blueprint Bliss February 2, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

Stephanie- it looks so, so great. As I knew it would! I understand not wanting to move... esp when you put the time and effort into it.

Michael finishes up in 16 months- hard to believe. I know we will be moving- and can't decide if we want to build or redo a house. Build a house? What? Am I old enough to do that?

Happy Girl*Lucky Fella February 2, 2010 at 9:15 AM  

Gorgeous! I love the birds in flight along the wall! And your fireplace is amazing!! Great use of color! You know just where to place little punches. I can only imagine what you could do if you were able to paint and use power tools!

Martha February 2, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

I love your apartment. It looks very cozy. Where did you get your bedding?

Hannah Kate Flora February 2, 2010 at 10:20 AM  

Hi! I've just started following your blog and I ADORE it. I love your clean and sprightly style! I read your posts and get the sudden craving to go craft something.

Thanks for sharing!

Emily February 2, 2010 at 10:36 AM  

You did such a wonderful job with the place! I love it all and it's so cohesive with the colors.

Of course moving is no fun but another projecT? I'd love to see what you'd do with another place!

Let's get together soon. I'm going to respond to Carlee's email!

The Abercrombies February 2, 2010 at 12:52 PM  

You are amazing! I am in awe of your creativity and design skills!

Rachel February 2, 2010 at 1:55 PM  

Sure wish you could come to Birmingham and make our rental look like this ;) Great job!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants February 2, 2010 at 7:33 PM  

Great place! I love all the fun patterns through out.

jeanine February 2, 2010 at 8:08 PM  

For a second when I was looking I thought the before & after for the bedroom was you taking the tie out of the magenta curtains. I'm so glad that wasn't the case. :)

It's a great place! I especially love the brown curtains in the green room.

WendyLou February 2, 2010 at 11:04 PM  

Stephanie!! What a magnificent change!! Keep the projects coming ...

ZoiHoku February 3, 2010 at 1:31 PM  

What a remarkable makeover! You are just so amazing with your taste and design eye. I aspire to be as unique as you when I begin and finish school. So inspiring!

Jaime February 3, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

So amazing! I just love the curtains in the living room. Bravo! :)

Quest Twenty Eight February 3, 2010 at 4:56 PM  

The curtains in the Living Room really are fantastic!

Wanderings of a Wannabe February 4, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

this is fabulous!! i love your blog. enjoy boston!

Melissa February 4, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

Lovely home! It looks very inviting and not like a rental at all. You did a great job.

Laurie Jones February 4, 2010 at 3:00 PM  

Too bad Domino is no longer (sniff sniff) you're apartment would of been a great feature! Beautiful!

{Amanda} February 4, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

I am convinced you are a DESIGN GENIUS! Lovely decor...very pretty indeed =)

shishishic February 5, 2010 at 3:04 PM  

llove, llove, lllove! the staches are key and i'm so copying your awesome artistry on that one! i don tblame you for not wanting to move either, not only is it a pain, but your place is so cute that way it is!! good luck!


Shannon of ** Happiness Is...** February 8, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

Yes, the projects are never ending. But that's what keeps you from moving on to the next! ;) My man and I live in a cozy 1 bedroom too. Yes, I'd like a larger space one day, but for now, it's perfect. xoxo

annelise February 15, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

I know I'm way behind, but I just wanted to say that your place looks fantastic!! I love your curtains, the bedding, and the birds.

Hänni February 23, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

Your apartment is so cute and cozy. I can only aspire to one day have such a lovely space.

Jess March 4, 2010 at 9:40 PM  

Stephanie, I seriously need your help with our home! We want to move and when we do, I'm calling you. :) Love your pics...they are so beautiful!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP