Well Done in Wicker Park

>> Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The team over at Desire to Inspire brought Buckingham Interiors + Design to my attention this morning. I was super impressed with their work and wanted to share this Wicker Park Renovation project. Boston is a town that loves their historic architecture and I think this is a great example of how you can stealthy integrate modern design into a classic structure.

See the transition of the stair railing from traditional to modern? And notice how much more modern the spaces are on the upper floors.



Rebecca December 29, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

I really like the transition of the railing - it's so subtle and flows beautifully! In the second photo I like how three rooms are interconnected by the perfectly lined up doorways. Such an elegant house.

Sara W December 29, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

this is gorgeous- i love it.

LindsB December 29, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

While I love, like LOVE the bones of this house, I'm not so sure about the decor- I'm more of a Boston traditional girl I guess :)

It is very well done though, even if it is not my taste- I can appreciate the amazing work here.

Stephanie Sabbe December 29, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

sarah w. I'm so happy to post the second thing you approve of:)

Kristin December 29, 2009 at 8:19 PM  

Excuse me a moment while I swoon over the gorgeous media room. I sound like a dude. Ah ha ha

Dale December 30, 2009 at 12:50 AM  

Great article, and great design. I love the pocket panel doors!

Iva December 30, 2009 at 3:59 AM  

so gorgeous! crisp and clean, fabulous!!

Deliciously Organized December 30, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

I can't imagine having that much room in my bathroom. I know, not much input, but really. It's huge. And the windows surrounding the tub? yes please

Emily December 30, 2009 at 3:55 PM  

ah-mazing. I would move into that place tomorrow. love the grey palette.

Lili January 4, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

This is pretty close to one of my fav properties you've posted. I think the hilights for me are the stairs and the mixing of old charm with new style. The colors are also a great mix of dark and light. Plus I am such a sucker for fat crown molding and base boards!!!

manuel January 9, 2010 at 7:40 PM  

what a great project! i love your blog! we seem to have similar paths in life! i followed my partner to chicago to pursue his emergency medicine residency at UofChicago and I am a NCIDQ/LEED AP interior designer and heading back to grad school starting monday so I can pursue some teaching in my future! Anyways... glad I found your blog via "A tall drink"

Jen of Made By Girl January 14, 2010 at 10:49 PM  

I absolutely ADORE this home. It would be a dream come true in Manhattan...where i'd love to end up someday!
Jen Ramos
'Cards & Prints You'll Love...'

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP