The Kindness of Strangers

>> Tuesday, December 8, 2009

First of all, if you have not discovered Ruffles and Stuff, you are missing out! Disney is one of the sweetest, most creative bloggers out there, not to mention she has the most precious little model to show off her daily creations. I not only love reading her blog for all the great craft tips, but Disney is also a Christian woman who's sincere faith and love for Jesus radiates throughout every post. Disney did a post on Monday about the bag giveaway and also created this beauty to donate. She made it out of an old t-shirt, so cool.


Through Disney I was able to meet Laura who sent me a few pics of some things she would like to donate. How cute is this bag!?

And this is one I made. Well one of two. One for a friend and one for the group.


I have also received several other sweet emails from people who would like to send something in. I am always amazed by the kindness of the blog world. You seriously are the best!

UPDATE: A few people have asked, yes, if you want to participate but your holiday schedule has you booked solid for the next couple of weeks, you can send the bag to me whenever things slow down. Maybe we can do a Valentines Day follow up:)

7 comments:

Annelise December 10, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

That last bag is amazing! I definitely want to participate, but might not be able to finish anything before I leave for the holidays. Will you be accepting donations in the new year?

LindsB December 10, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

Valentines day would be great...just enough time for you to help me figure out this whole sewing thing :)

Laura@JourneyChic December 10, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

All of those bags are so cute! I have yet to take my sewing machine out of the box, but when I do, I plan to make a bag using an Amy Butler pattern in a book I bought.

Stop by to enter the giveaway I'm hosting!

Deliciously Organized December 10, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

I still wish I could help out. Maybe I can come over and help cut fabric or something? I really like the one you made. It's so cute.

Disney December 10, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

Oh thank you so much for those sweet compliments! And your. bag. is. gorgeous!!! I need one for myself!

Kristin December 11, 2009 at 3:10 AM  

I looooooove the tote. I so wish I could create something with my hands!

Haven and Home December 13, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

You all are so talented, I love the bag you made. Yes, this blog world is so generous!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP