Bringing the Outside In: Commercial

>> Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I think good designers should always take into consideration the exterior design of the building. Consideration defined as... if it's bad...ignore it. If it's good, let it flow inside.

This building was designed by Archimania in Memphis, TN. It's a medical office building. I've worked on a few medical office buildings, but none this cool. I stopped by one day last year and took a few pictures of the lobby.

See how the portal from the outside is a part of the vestibule on the inside?
 
And I love the light slots. Although I will point out that there were some sight line issues. Meaning, when you stood back, you could see some of the light sources...which was probably not the design intent.
 
Overall, I think they did a really great job. 

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP