Self Awareness is the Key to Success

>> Wednesday, October 28, 2009

We are mid-semester in the 8th grade design class I am teaching and that means teacher evaluation time. I am not a teacher by training, so sending notes home to parents I have never met, about my students behavior, creativity, punctuality, etc. kind of makes me uncomfortable. So at the end of class this Tuesday I asked them to take out a pencil and give themselves an honest grade and explain why they felt they deserve that grade. I used their evaluation of themselves to help me fill out their take home forms. Here are a few of my favorites.

 
 And this is a journal entry from one of my favorite students. I hope she becomes a famous architect or interior designer one day. I will mail this back to her.
The correct term is "one-point perspective"  But how sweet is this child!?

p.s. I had a very nice first day of work, thanks for all the kind wishes.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP