Dixie Chick Delight

>> Monday, October 5, 2009

The San Antonio home of Dixie Chick, Emily Robinson, was featured in this month's issue of Metropolitan Home. I love so much about his space I could ramble on and on and on, but I won't. There are usually one or two things that bug me about every space, something I would have done differently. But not this one, I would take it, just as it is.


The best details in this project are found in the existing architecture. The space was built out in an old candy factory. The designer and architect chose not to cover the odd shaped columns and rambling duct work, but to celebrate them. I think they made a fantastic decision.



Deliciously Organized October 6, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

I love that they retained the integrity of the original architecture... and the fact that it's in an old candy factory? so cool. What a beautiful home. I love the pendant lights hanging over the dining table.

Design Esquire October 6, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

Wow! It's so cool, and I love the story behind the building. The bathroom and kitchen are amazing!

LindsB October 6, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

I LOVE your new design, its just beautiful- perfect like you are my dear :)

Lauren October 6, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

Love your new blog look!

Yes, her home is beautiful! My favorite part is the fact that it was an old candy factory! I would put TONS of candy jars out (I have such a sweet tooth!) and the industrial look is amazing! I love the look!

Lili October 7, 2009 at 3:44 PM  

LOVE the bathroom!!!

Haven and Home October 7, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

Oh that room of glass and instruments, I am obsessed.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP