God Emailed Me

>> Thursday, May 21, 2009

Earlier this week I was perusing architectural websites and decided I should take a look at what the company I used to work for had going on. I worked in Nashville for two years before marrying the wonderful Mr. Sabbe and relocating to Memphis. So I’m clicking around and notice they have had their annual company celebration where new owners, associates, and senior associates are announced. I’m scrolling through the pictures and low and behold, a designer who started on the same day as me, 5 short years ago, made associate this year. Needless to say, I was a bit jealous and started to think to myself are people my age old enough to be associates in large architectural firms? The thought had never even crossed my mind.

Then I started to feel sorry for myself. I felt sorry for myself for moving to Memphis . I felt sorry for myself, thinking that the company I work with now does not have a well established interiors division. I felt sorry for myself because I cancelled an interview 3 years ago with a firm that did. I felt sorry for myself because I don't have an interior design mentor to help accomplish goals like making associate before the age of 30. I felt sorry for myself because the economy is bad and I don’t want to have to job hunt next month….you see the spiral I was spinning down…….and THEN I got an email {from this website I subscribe to} and it said...


Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
- 1 Peter 5:6-7
And then I was ok again.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP