A Home for a Priceless Pillow

>> Sunday, May 3, 2009

AT Entry #1
Have you ever had a household item that was so far superior to everything else in your home that it was almost humorous to allow them to co-exist? ie. put Egyptian cotton sheets you bought on Overstock on the concave bed you've had since college?

Well my source of design humor for the past six months has revolved around the Hella Jongerius pillow that arrived at my desk on one seemingly normal Monday back in July.

My living room is a compilation of consignment store finds and discounted discount furniture. We decided placing it on the worn out cushions that resided on my cousin of a Hans Wegner chair would just not do.


"Learn how to reupholster cushions" moved to the top of my project list. After several mess ups and multiple shouts for my husband to remind me why I sew again...Hella's pillow found a proper home.

The fabric is from her Layer's Collection for Maharam.


After reading about her Nike collaboration...I was very happy Mr. Maharam sent me the pillow and not the shoes. They are very cool, but my hip hop moves are not quite where they need to be for me to properly rock these....

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP