The Before: What to Do...What to Do...

>> Tuesday, May 5, 2009

We just signed a lease! I wanted to share with you {southerners} what you can get for your buck in Boston. Now put your designer goggles on, it's not Midtown bungalow...but I think this place has some serious potential.

Please excuse the current renters mess. Poor renter, she didn't know a crazy blogger with a camera was trapsing through her house this weekend. Hope she doesn't read blogs.

It is a garden level unit...thus the bars....but I'm thinking I can deal with that.
Any city dwellers have any advice on how to create an illusion with these beauties?
Fireplace...cute! {blurry pic...not cute}
Note you can fit a full size dining table...the dinner parties will continue!

And a bed fits in the bedroom....and you can actually walk on both sides of it.

And drum roll please....

It has a washer and dryer in the unit! and that's HUGE for me. I have a little problem with the hanging up clothes right off the body thing. They hit the floor...which requires them to be washed. Mr. Sabbe hates that... I'm working on it.

Stayed tuned for the AFTER pics! This will be more of a challenge than my house because I can't go into full construction mode. I will have to be extra, extra creative and extra, extra thrifty. I can't wait!


Sara W May 5, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

def cute with lots of potential!

livingwithstyle May 5, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

I love the apartment! It is going to be super cute, once you wave your designer wand! Can't wait to see the transformation!

LindsB May 5, 2009 at 9:43 PM  

Hey There, Just found your blog and I love it! I live in Boston, so welcome to the city!! Its too bad about that Beacon Hill apartment that leased, its beautiful- but I do love the one that you are going with. I think it looks great now, well minus the boxes etc but once you get your stuff in there it will be perfect!

There are a ton of Boston bloggers out there, but if you need anything at all please dont hesistate to ask.

Blueprint Bliss May 6, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

Can't wait to see what you do with it when you move in.

What an exciting time in life! I can't believe we are 3 years into residency in Birmingham- it FLYS by.

Congrats on the lease. When do y'all move?

Lili May 9, 2009 at 6:54 PM  

REALLY REALLY REALLY love the potential! I can't wait to see the twist you put on it..

Haven and Home May 11, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

Oh how fun. I know you will make it cute. I bet after a few days you won't even see the bars anymore.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP