My Love Affair with This City {cont.}

>> Thursday, April 16, 2009

Today I would like to lie here on the ground and watch the spider web of shadows glide over me as the sun takes it's course.
The other day I was passing our little {empty} Court Square and thinking Why is no one lying on the ground? It was a perfect day to be lying on the ground.

I loved my beach lying, but sometimes more than that, I love city lying.There is something so invigorating about parking yourself on a piece of grass in the middle of a booming metropolis.
p.s. I'm at my desk in Memphis today.

I hope you get to lie somewhere exciting today!


Blueprint Bliss April 16, 2009 at 1:45 PM  

I'm at my desk in Birmingham! But just read on Elements of Style that she was leaving for Turks & Caicos. So for a few moments- I drifted away!

Lili April 16, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

I totally agree! Remember Humanities court yard in the late fall and early spring. It's almost like steping out of reality just to observe. Truly one of my favorite pass times, but it's not too often that I am able to find time to pass.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP