Diaper Bag

>> Tuesday, March 10, 2009





This was what I made my sweet friend from the shower I posted below. I was pretty pleased for my first diaper bag. I've made a ton of bags, but never a diaper bag. I usually loose patients once I get to the inside and never really make many pockets. On this one the interior was my focus. I tried to make it as momma-user-friendly as possible. I used one of my favorite Amy Butler fabrics. It's kind of feminine, but I thought she's having a boy...not becoming a boy. And if I have a baby boy in the future, I don't want to have to carry around a bag with airplanes or dinosaurs on it. Well, on second thought, if they were these airplanes I wouldn't complain.

7 comments:

Lili March 10, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

It's the union of two of your favorite crafting projects. Baby things and bags. Looks great! Oh and I love all the pockets.

WendyLou March 10, 2009 at 5:25 PM  

"She's having a boy, not becoming a boy." Hahahaha!! I'm sure your friend was thrilled to have such a spectacular bag. Kudos on those pockets ... spiffy.

Amy Ogles March 10, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

I really like it! Good work! Diaper bags are a must.

Casey March 10, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

love the bag! awesome fabric :)

Ginger March 11, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

Hey! This is my first time on your blog! I am trying to get into the blog world. I LOVE the diaper bag and the baby shower looked like so much fun!! I am really wanting to start making burp cloths like your dish towels but dish towel are a great idea too. I am hoping when I am not working i will have time for making fun things like that. I went to the cutest fabric store in Knoxville last weekend and got all excited about crafting!

eah08i March 14, 2009 at 6:13 PM  

Where is mine? You have until the end of July...ready, set, GO!!! Seriously...this is fabulous and I must have one. Will pay....big bucks. We find out what the babies are on the 24th. :)

Stephanie Sabbe March 17, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

yeah! Bryan said you had the clearest 14 week ultrasound he had ever seen. 2 little people! So cute!N You know I'll make you a bag....and I'll make it extra organized just for you.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP