Always a Bridesmaid

>> Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just kidding...I've been a bride.
I'm off to Chattanooga today for Tiff and Taylor's wedding!
I love southern weddings. I think there will be 9 bridesmaids....and it's not the largest wedding I've been in...they get much, MUCH bigger down here.
For multiple reasons, I've been embracing all things southern this week. I love being from the south. I love my twangy accent. I love fried catfish, fried green tomatoes, fried chicken etc. etc. And I love THIS SONG by Marc Broussard. It makes me feel like I'm in the deeeeeep south, at a juke joint, and Ashley Judd's there, sweating {like in A Time to Kill} and some big man is using a ceramic jug as an instrument, and there is an old skinny man in the corner dancing like a crazy jig and everyone is clapping....I've never actually experienced a scene like this. But I want too.

And in the meantime I have THE SONG.

Hope you plan to dance a jig this weekend.

I do.


Lili March 26, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

I pretty much love all things southern, so I'm trying to take advantage of them while I'm here for the next few months at least. Have fun and please hug tiff for me.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP