Always a Bridesmaid

>> Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just kidding...I've been a bride.
I'm off to Chattanooga today for Tiff and Taylor's wedding!
I love southern weddings. I think there will be 9 bridesmaids....and it's not the largest wedding I've been in...they get much, MUCH bigger down here.
For multiple reasons, I've been embracing all things southern this week. I love being from the south. I love my twangy accent. I love fried catfish, fried green tomatoes, fried chicken etc. etc. And I love THIS SONG by Marc Broussard. It makes me feel like I'm in the deeeeeep south, at a juke joint, and Ashley Judd's there, sweating {like in A Time to Kill} and some big man is using a ceramic jug as an instrument, and there is an old skinny man in the corner dancing like a crazy jig and everyone is clapping....I've never actually experienced a scene like this. But I want too.

And in the meantime I have THE SONG.

Hope you plan to dance a jig this weekend.

I do.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP