My Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny...

>> Saturday, January 24, 2009

...reason to go running even when it's cold outside.

I bought this last week for our annual beach. The trip is not until April, but I thought I could use a little motivation during these cold months.

I've actually had fun trying to stay fit so far in 2009. Bryan and I signed up for the Country Music Half Marathon in my hometown. So we're had fun running around our neighborhood, trying not to freeze our noses off.

I got re-hired (for the third time) to teach a spinning class at the UT gym. The quick story with that is I started teaching there last winter just to stay in the mix of group fitness. I've taught different classes since I was 18 years old and know that class sizes fluctuate with the season. My class is also at 6:30 am. So at a university gym...it's not the most popular. Every time my numbers get low (around the holidays... during the summer months) the director cancels my class. So people were requesting my class again...round three...I'm back...Tuesday mornings 6:30 am!

And my favorite new fitness initiative is the Hip Hop dance class I enrolled in at the New Ballet Ensemble. We have 10 classes this semester and they are teaching us a routine. After my first class I could hardly get out of bed...it is SO fun. Our class includes professional hip hop dancers. They are so fun to watch, but I kind of feel sorry for them because it's like mixing gifted kids in with mentally challenged kids and giving them the same assignment. Thank God for the 55 year old lady in my class, she helps me feel like I fall somewhere in the middle. And how much does she rock for taking a hip hop class?! Look for me next season of So You Think You Can Dance.

So that's the plan to get ready for that itsy bitsy teeny weeny black polka dot bikini. Oh...I'm also in a wedding and have a 10 year high school reunion in the next 6 months...so it's not all about the bathing suit.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP