More on Maharam

>> Tuesday, December 2, 2008

So I was Googling this wallcovering that I'm thinking about specifying. It's Maharam. I like to Google products to see if anyone has written terrible things about them before I specify... to avoid my clients getting crazy on me. I typically do not find much, but I did find this video. Remember the guy who sent me the pillow? Here is an interview with him talking about all Maharam's fun, fancy fabrics. Pay particular attention to his comments on Hella Jongerius' work. (remember, she's my design crush) He uses the word "manufactured craft"...I don't know what I think about that. Those two seem contradictory to me. What do you think? I must admit manufacturing your crafts with Maharam is probably a whole lot more lucrative than selling your crafts on Etsy.

Watch the video, lots of designers mentioned. I was thinking he was going to be much more mafia looking with the mysterious box and note and all. I'm kind of disappointed...but a little relieved.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP